• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old did were you when you started Pokemon and how old are you now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    You can call me sad or w/e, but I started this series when I was about 10-11 years old. My g/f just got me a DS for my birthday and of course I had to buy the best RPG series on handheld, Pokemon. I'm 24, going to college, and working. Cannot wait until the semester begins again and I am on the sidewalk training my Bulbasaur... if I can find one some time LOL.

Also I am waiting for either a console, decked out remake of Pokemon version. Or what if even be more amazing is a Pokemon MMO. I doubt either of these will ever happen, but it should. The console thing I am little surprised about because they would make so much money.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I had to have been at most 8, probably 7. My mom thought that Pokemon was the perfect thing to get for my sister and I because Red and Blue were similar enough that neither of us would feel shorted, but dissimilar enough that she wasn't buying each of us the same thing just to keep us happy. Of course, that all went out the window when Yellow came out...

Edit: I'm 18 now, freshman in college. About 10 of my friends from school bought Black or White and talk about it over Facebook every day, lol.

Last edited:

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    I believe I was around 6-7 when I first started, and now I am 13.

Pokemon can get very addicting at times.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    I think I was about 8, maybe 9. Now I'm 20.

I started playing when my parents gave me Pokemon Blue for Christmas and I had no idea what it was all about since the only English words I knew back then were yes, no, cat and dog. I remember being stuck in Pallet Town because of not knowing what to do at all and giving up. However, when the anime started airing on my favourite cartoon channel, I realised it was the same thing as the game I had received, and finally managed to play and finish it. I've been playing the games since back then and sporadically watching the anime depending on my interest in Pokemon at that age or not.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I got my first Pokemon game, Leafgreen, when I was about 10. Now I'm 16 years old, a junior in high school, and I'm still playing. And I don't intend on stopping anytime soon. :)

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I started when I was 4 or 5... I remeber playing on my cousins Sapphire. Good times.. I would waste his Pokeballs on trainers pokemon, HUNDREDS of them. I caught every pokemon that looked cool. My mom then bought me a Pokemon GB color (it had pokemon on it and it was yellow. Still got it. :) ) and Pokemon Red. My cousin beat the E4 with my weak pokes... I got gold later and I yelled and slammed my color on the floor when I made Ho-Ho faint. Lol. When my cousin stopped playing Pokemon he gave me his Sapphire... Save save and all. Even though I immediately restarted it. I got Emerald when it came out. I also asked for a DS lite for Christmas JUST for D/P when I was 10 or so. I've got every Pokemon game after that the day they came out or day after. :D BTW I'm 12 now almost 13. I love Pokemon... But I never did beat Gold... My cousin moved :O.

EDIT: I forgot to add I also got FR.. I just told my hole Pokemon history...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was 7 or 8 when I started playing the R/B/Y series of games.

>>FAST FORWARD 12 YEARS OR SO

I'm 20 years old, a college student, and still a Poke-fan when I started playing B/W.

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
    I'm 18 now.. Man I musta' been 5 or 6 years old.. I had my old ass Big Chunky Purple gameboy colour, with pokemon red, which came out in 1998? It's 2011 now, thats 13 years of pokeman gaming. Dawg those sprites looked good.

So that makes me a pocket monster veteran for over 10 years, do I get some kind of certificate?

Generation 1 was pretty ground breaking at the time, deep stuff.

Someone correct my math if it's wrong, I run I don't add letters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    When Blue came out in Belgium until now. I think that's from me being 6 till me being 18.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    I started playing the games when I was 7, almost 8. I remember getting FireRed and a Gameboy Advance for Christmas. I was totally addicted to it after that! But thats not when I started to like pokemon, my sister got me into it when I was around 4. It's been 10 years since then! Im 14 now, and I still love pokemon!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    My Aunt bought me Pokemon Red for my 9th birthday, and I couldn't figure out how to get out of Viridian Forest lol. Then five weeks later my best friend, who was holidaying in England and was two years older than me, brought back Pokemon Yellow that his Dad bought him to play on the plane. Now I'm 20, he's 22, I haven't spoken to him outside Facebook in forever... I'm still into Pokemon, but he lost interest somewhere between Ruby/Sapphire and FRLG.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Was 7-8 Now im 20, studying Criminology and Forensic Science, and i still love playing pokemon even to this day ^_^ Got black on release date, as did many others. Also i have noted that ages doesnt really matter when your having fun and playing a game that you enjoy, i wish sometimes people didnt get so caught up with age and pokemon lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    I was born in October of 1996. That means that Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue came out a month before i was born. I started playing when I was 4 and I am now 14. I started with blue and haven't missed a generation since :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I was eleven when the games first came out in the U.S., and I'm twenty-three now. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back