• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old do you look?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    Microsoft just released a robot that tries to guess your age. I tried it with a year old picture and basically told me I look 24. My actual age is 21, so that's not too far off. I tried it again with a recent picture of mine and the age guess changed to 17. I got a bunch of my friends to try it out and it turned out to be pretty fun, and some of them even told us we rigged it too early in the game because of our results! Lol! The guess is either on point or far off and it depends on the picture used. For example, a poor friend of mine was told he looked 32, and he's only 23. And then another friend of mine apparently looks like 12, but she's actually 19. If Microsoft thinks she looks like 12 (the picture she used kind of does) then it must suck to get carded every time she enter places like bars.

So, how old are you? Let Microsoft's robot be the judge.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Yes I'm 18 apparently! And I'm 20 so not too far off.
    Maybe people confusing me as a 12 year old is starting to wear off xD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    It'll be pretty interesting to learn at what age people like to seem older/younger than they really are. When I was young, it didn't really matter to me whether I looked younger or older. I did look very young, to the point that the local canteen often asks for my I.D. when purchasing soda. And then now as a 21 year old, I think I'd rather hear guesses near my actual age. So perhaps, around 19 - 23? I don't think I'd want to be seen as too young or too old at this age. Many people still confuse me as a 16 year old due to how young I look. So sometimes, it feels pretty good to hear someone get my age right for a change.

Everyone thinks I look like I'm like 16 when I'm really 23. This thought I was 28... :I

Do you prefer being seen as younger or older? Just curious.

Maybe people confusing me as a 12 year old is starting to wear off xD

It's kind of amusing how different people depict age. For example, some people I know (Asian friends who are pretty small for their age, it's a common thing in certain parts) are surprised when they see high school kids in America. Those kids look like 18 year old to some of them. I'm not sure how it is in NZ, but if it's anywhere near what I had just described, then you'll be anything but a 12 year old. They'd be pretty amazed in a positive way, too.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • It's kind of amusing how different people depict age. For example, some people I know (Asian friends who are pretty small for their age, it's a common thing in certain parts) are surprised when they see high school kids in America. Those kids look like 18 year old to some of them. I'm not sure how it is in NZ, but if it's anywhere near what I had just described, then you'll be anything but a 12 year old. They'd be pretty amazed in a positive way, too.

You've got it pretty much spot on. Considering I'm asian and short (5'2) for my age xD

One thing I didn't consider is that it only takes in facial recognition. Maybe it would have been a bit different if it had taken other features into account.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    First Picture I took 32 the second 25, so its not the most accurate of systems =p

Hahah, yeah it isn't. It can be pretty amusing to see the results though. I tried it with a picture of me with my mother and while it got my age correct, it thinks my mother is 23 like we're siblings.

I also saw another post showing a picture of a guy and his mom together. The robot thinks he's around 45 and his mom, 19 or something. It's pretty crazy.

One thing I didn't consider is that it only takes in facial recognition. Maybe it would have been a bit different if it had taken other features into account.

That's an interesting input. I'm not entirely sure about the facial recognition thing because a friend of mine used a group picture with three people in it, but the results gave a total of 4 age guesses. The robot also guessed the age of the bag in the picture, estimated to be 51 years old. LOL!

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I look like a everyday 13 year old because I am a everyday 13 year old. Basic Bruh.

PS - I actually got 13 in that Microsoft age detector. That stuff is accurate bruh.

Years
  • I keep getting results that say I'm 48, and then one saying I looked 45. >< What the heck. I am not that old yet lmao. Rude bot!

Last time I had people remark on my age in real life, it was along the lines of they thought I was 18, or at least somewhere close and still a teenager in high school. Which I am not that either. So it's interesting that the bot thinks I'm an age that's quite a bit away from what actual people have thought.

pkmin3033

(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

So, I look nearly twice my age and act about half of it, according to various sources. That's...depressing. Although I think it might be because my hair is shorter at the moment, and I haven't tied it back...maybe the computer thinks I'm a crazy hobo. xD

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Tried two pictures. First said I was 24. Second said I was 42. Hmmm. Bot must like the numbers two and four, haha.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I used three different pictures and got 22, 24, and 29 lol.

I'm only 21 so I mean... I guess that's not too bad?

Years
  • I'd really like to know how this is meant to work because so far I've gotten nothing remotely close to me actual age. I know I can look older than 20 but I've used pictures from when I was 18 and it still insists that I'm in my thirties.

Update: Tried 3 other pictures, each one came up with 32. Thoroughly insulted.

Years
  • On photo with full grown beard I look 39, on the older photo with goatee I look 29 and on the newer photo where I shaved my beard I look 27. Really depends on everything :P

I'm not insulted, people often say I look older than I am.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    Microsoft probably needs to continue working on their robot. {XD}

A good number of people felt insulted by the results. This one guy I know who's in his early 70s was told he looked 86... so needless to say, he's not backing off without any form of retribution. Got to watch out for related CBS news!

Also, from what I noticed... people using close-up pictures often get a younger reading. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it does sound amusing.

Back