• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How Old is Alder?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I am sure he ain't older then my avater here (Pryce) HECK I doubt he is older then Dryeden from last Gym. Point is he is old but I REALLY doubt he is old enough to be called 'gramps'

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • I feel that he's just a big guy in the outside, but about 30s in his inside.

But yeah experience-wise he might be 50 give or take a few.

Zythrone

The One And Only!
    Years
  • Early 40s is my guess...

He is old though...

In fact I think its mentioned that he doesn't know how to use the Pokemon Storage System, so that could be a reference to his age...

I'm not sure if that was in the game or if I just read that somewhere...

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • 54 I bet. The truth behind him is when Pain defeated Jiraiya the man never died he like the 4th got sent into the Pokemon world. Actually considering the 4th was taught by Jiraiya Jiraiya-Alder 4th Hokage-Volkner it works XD

But in all seriousness 50s or 60s.

Years
  • If he had enough time to have trained his starter to the point it died (I always assumed the illness had been contracted due to tiredness), grieve and wander about without a aim, plus he still got another team of strong Pokémon... so that alone indicates he cannot be very young, even if he started his journey when he was 10. Then there are the wrinkles, but honestly I've seen plenty of men in their middle 30s looking like that because they work outside. Alder himself seems to be the type of man who enjoys a good journey so... I would put him between 36-38 years old.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • well he is clearly over the age of 10 so blue needs to move over. he is definitely able to drive a car, so shut up cynthia. he is able to pay for his own hair care products, so that cuts out wallace. he doesn't use olay rejuvenating cream like steven, so that's smudged. dragons are for chumps so lance can go cry in dragon's den. so CLEARLY by elimination he is at least........................26. no he's got to be mid 40's - 50. don't question my logic here it's flawless.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    Alder seems to be in his mid 40s in my opinion. I just saw him as a wiser champion compared to the others. I can't really explain it but I just see him as mature.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I think he is as old as Professor Oak, so he's exactly 50.
    Maybe Alder seems a little younger than Oak, because he hasn't gray hair and so on, but being 50 doesn't mean looking particularly old !

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    56. He looks too old to be in his 40s. My dad is in his 40s and looks a lot younger than that, and most of the parents I know look younger than Alder does. 50s is when someone starts to age that much in their face, usually. He doesn't look too old, but he's definitely old enough that he's started appearing old.

Back