• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old is "too old"?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I think it's more just a social issue than anything. People always worry about what other people have to say about them, but honestly it shouldn't really matter what you do or don't like.

I'm 21 and I still think Pokemon is pretty rad. I'm not afraid to talk about it either with my friends, it doesn't faze me whether or not they think it's weird or not.

Years
I'm 22 and I still love Pokemon, no matter how old I get. I don't go around telling everyone I know that I'm a big fan, but I don't care if someone else knows, since it's just one of my hobbies like video games or watching TV.

Years
I'm 25 and will always love pokemon. My hubby and I play together and he's 34 and still loves it. There is no such thing as too old for Pokemon in my opinion. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
You're never too old unless you convince yourself that you're too old.

Kids at that age are always trying to look cool and mature while putting others down for doing things which they don't consider "mature or cool" The people who used to tell me that I was weird for playing pokemon are all smoking, have no friends and are getting terrible grades while i'm getting good grades, have a good amount of friends and don't feel self conscious about doing things I enjoy.

Eldéen

Spriter
Years
Well I think there are many aspects that you have to keep in mind.
I am 23. If you take, for example, my generation, we all kinda grew up with Pokémon. I remember the breaks in school when I was about 9 and everyone was playing Pokémon or trading the cards. And as we all grew older, there were new Pokémon games and so I guess it's rather hard to get over something like Pokémon.
Of course, the anime is concipated for a younger audience, but the basics behind Pokémon do have the potential for much more mature contents than those presented in the anime. Plus, you have to keep in mind that it's possible to make quite a strategy game out of Pokémon, breeding them for IVs and doing CP. : D
So well, I think Pokémon is one of the few things that works with children as well as with grown-ups.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Around 8th grade. That was, until I found some guys who liked Pokemon as much as I did, and I just "assimilated" into their group, in a sense. That was the time when people stopped caring about Pokemon, but I'm 15, going on 16, still strong about my pocket monsters, while I know that's not old, it's usually the age where people start to do other things, and quit games like Pokemon. I, however, will not :3

Years
Never too old. I've never lost interest and continued buying the Pokemon games as they came out from age 8 to 22, 23 later this month. Hopefully this won't ever change because I find it to be an amazing franchise. =)

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
- C. S. Lewis

You're never too old to like what you like.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
27 still loving it :D , dont let what society says its too childish ruin your fun

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2023
Considering a Forum Friend is 96, and closing to 97, and still high on Pokémon, I'd say you never are too old for Pokémon.

Back