• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How old were you when you first played R/B/Y

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I was six. I got a purple GBC and Red Version for Christmas. My brother got a green GBC and Blue version. All of those are still hanging around here, and work. My GBC's up is dying though... So I'm not gonna use that much anymore...

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Todoroki said:
    I was six. I got a purple GBC and Red Version for Christmas. My brother got a green GBC and Blue version. All of those are still hanging around here, and work. My GBC's up is dying though... So I'm not gonna use that much anymore...
    DUDE. Exactly the same with me. But instead of my brother getting a green gbc and blue, my sister got a green gbc and blue. I was six and still have the purple gbc and red version

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I was 8 or 9, I played my friend's blue version, and got my own for Christmas later that year.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
    I was 14, ten years (and a significant amount of growing up) and I'm still playing. You only grow up when you want to... so I'm staying right HERE! *Draws a circle around himself in chalk*

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    3 years old! It was my sister's, she had Mewtwo and all, and I restarted her game. :3 How evil little sisters can be.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    four five or six??? i cant remember >.<
    I'll ask my dad as he was the one who bought me my gameboy color and pokemon red

(by the way it should at least be R/G/B/Y)

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    I was like 7. I remember it was on my 7th Brithday, I got the Hot pink Gameboy and Pokemon Yellow, then I asked my friend can I get the Yellow Strategy Guide XD.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    I had my yellow Game boy pocket. And my brand spankin new pokemon blue that I played every day! I was I think 6. It was cool because all the kids in my neighborhood battled every day. We even did the whole trading card game.

Squirtle FTW!!!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    9-10 maybe? Sometime around there, soon after I got into the card game. Or maybe even earlier, I don't know.. it was so long ago now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    I was ten - I remember distinctly getting it for my tenth birthday as a joint present from my brother and sister. Got some TCG decks as well that year. :P

I still had the old chunky GameBoy Classic - so I wasn't even playing in black and white, it was black and green (or whatever horrid tint the Classic put on its screen). XD

Finally got a GBC in the summer after G&S came out!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I was ... seven? I remember vividly getting my Blue version and GameBoy Color, but I can;t seem to recall the exact age.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I got Yellow and a Gameboy colour for my eights or ninth birthday^^
    I never played it before or saw someone playing. I just wanted it because it was about Pokemon.
    So it was funny to discover everything about it.

Back