• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How old were you when you first played R/B/Y

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was seven when I first played Red. I've been hooked ever since.

Oh, how i long for those days once more.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I was around four when my cousin was playing his pokemon game with his Game Boy. I asked him to play the game. It turned out to be Pokemon Blue. I got very addicted to the game and its mechanics. I begged my mom to stop to the nearest Wal-Mart to pick up the game and a Game Boy. When she did, I spent the last few hours of the trip playing my Pokemon Blue with my Squirtle.

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    7 or 8. I got Blue for Christmas one year, can't remember if it was 98 or 97, along with the Atomic Purple GBC. Then for my birthday soon after I got Yellow (whichever year that was released, I don't know). I let my cousin borrow Yellow and his dog chewed it up ;_;

Years
    I was fourteen years old when I got Pokemon Blue Version.
    I was thirteen years old when "the Pokemon spark" was ignited.

The Red Chain

I first played Red and Blue when I was about... 3-4 years old. :'3
    Then Yellow when I was 6.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I was only 4 when i first play yellow i still play yellow

Drapion

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2009
    I can't remember to be honest. I know it was when I was really young, I got it with the gameboy color. I was probably 6 or 7.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well... I got blue version with the game boy color pack for Christmas right after it came out... I think that would make me 7, but I'm not totally sure.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, my birthday is 3 days before Christmas, so I had probably just turned 8.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was 9, or 10. Probably 10, because I know that the games didn't release here until the USA until after the show had been airing for awhile.

Back