• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old were you when you started reading?

Undertaker the Deadman

Rest... In... Peace...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2006
    lucky me!! in 8 grade i don't have reading, u only get reading in 8 grade if you didn't get a passing grade in 7 grade reading

bhrit

Jesse McCartney Lover
    Years
    i was about 2 when i started to read... my mom made me try to read a huge novel after i could read the word "the" *rolls eyes*... i was smart though and made her read all the other words other than "the" :laugh: and she didnt catch on till like about the last two pages of the book :laugh: so it took about two weeks to finish the last pages... :D (they were short pages too)

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
    Hmmmm... let me think. I started speaking when I was 8 months, I started reading when I was 2. I started to read 100 or more page books at 5, I started reading 300 or more page books at 7, and finally at age 10 (right now) I read adult and young adult books.

Emerald_Ursaring

Formerly Da_Green_Teddy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 30, 2005
    Well, I started reading small books just before I turned three. When I was in Kindegarten, my teachers had me give little reading lessons to the others since I was the only literate one in the class.

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    I started reading at I have no clue... Somewhere around two or three... I was put in the gifted program my second year of school as I was a transfer during my first. Our state's gifted program extends into an advanced English course during the seventh grade until the tenth when you take Pre-AP English, et cetera. I was always a bright kid... Still am... I prefer my mother's books than my own... The Great Gatsby is a wonderful read... As is anything by this one author whom I'm trying to think of... His last name is Card... Anyway, I simply love Shakespeare.... His plays are lovely... Heheh...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    You guys are lucky. I learned to read when I was 6. -___-; It took me so long to read cus the docs say I was slightly dyslexic when I was young. Funny.. Now I'm a book addict. o_o I'm currently addicted to Stephen king, Edgar Allan Poe, and Lemony Snicket. :3

*dies*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I remember being able to read off the teachers' blackboard when I was in kindergarten. It was funny, since the teachers didn't expect us to know how to read, they put some wierd stuff up there cuz they didn't think we would be able to read it.

Even though i learned how to read at such a young age, I absolutely hate reading now! I literally have to force myself to read long boring literature in my English class. I'd rather be doing Calculus problems than read Beowulf >.<
    Even here on PC, I usually forego posts that are over three paragraphs long...

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Blaine said:
    His last name is Card...

Would you be referring to Orson Scott Card? I've noted similarities in your styles from what I've read of your work. to me, that's admirable.

Anyway, I'm kind've the opposite of tmbjr. I'd rather spend time reading Beowulf than doing math or science.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Erm... probably about 2, so I'm glad that I'm not the only one that learnt to read at a young age. At the time, it was mainly Postman Pat Books, but now it's stuff like Stephen King and John Grisham and stuff. It was weird as when I was 7, I was given a reading test and found I had the reading age of a 13 year old o_O I still made out that it was fake...

Back