• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How old were you

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    How old where you when you first played, when you first heard the announcements of the originals which version did you play?

I was 18 yo, when i played it 17 when i saw the first screenshots. and i had sapphire.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I was about fourteen or fifteen when I first played Sapphire on an emulator (by then, my parents had enough of the whole Pokémon thing, and absolutely refused to buy me a GBA).

I remember hating it at first :) .

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    The first time I played it, I was 9 or so. I was Grade Six when I started playing it. I had Sapphire but I lost it, then I got Ruby and managed to go far with it until the whole game has glitched somehow. I can't tell if they were original. The Philippines is prone to pirated goods and GBA games were the most common things to pirate. Anyway, then I have Emerald it it works like the original, but I knew it was pirated cause by the time I finish the Pokemon League, the save data would corrupt, so I never managed to experience Hoenn's Battle Frontier. It's great that I might experience it now with the remakes, hopefully.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I was four lel
    But then, I only got Sapphire about the time when they released Platinum. I don't really feel bad about that XD

Years
    Eight years ago...I was four when the games came out, my Pokemon Ruby cartridge was given to ne as a present a day after the release date. I needed help to progress lel.

It's almost nine years...ha, ha, ha, ha, hahahahaha!

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
    I was 13 when Ruby and Saphire come out ! I remember going to the JapanExpo in Paris like 2 months before the release and playing the demo ! i was so exited !

Years
    I had only just turned 11 when I played the original Ruby and Sapphire. You should all have heard how huge of a noob I was at the time, especially with team construction.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I think I was around 9 or 10 when I first played Pokemon Sapphire on my XBOX emulator and it was the first one I played. I was so happy when I played it and it was that I got into Pokemon in the first place :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2021
    I was over 12 or 13 when i played Pokémon Sapphire and fall in love with it.

I'm so happy now, because I know Nintendo will make a new game on Hoenn, I hope the story is different, but all the same, continue to be the best region of all ^ ^

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I have to point it out, it's "Were", not "Where". :)

I was 11 or 12, Pokemon Sapphire on PC Emulator :D
    I know don't ask me why I smuggled the 'h' in there. I blame my daughter distracting me lol. Can't change it either.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was around 11 or 12 or so, if I remember correctly. First game was Pokémon Ruby, and was extremely excited when I got a hold of it; spent the whole day playing as soon as I bought it. :] Second was Emerald, which I've completed for approximately five - six time. As for third, it was Sapphire. Not sure why I purchased this one, though... probably due to collection purposes, haha.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I was 13 when the games came out, I bought Sapphire. It came out right around the time I was getting out of Pokemon so I wasn't as interested in it to be honest.

I played it how I played other Pokemon games as a kid, only used my starter, beat all the gyms but didn't have a team to take on the Elite Four, used my Master Ball on Kyogre. And I'm not all that familiar with Pokemon made after Gen 2 so I can't really go back and finish it. I'm not all that interested in finishing it or starting over actually.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was 10! I got Sapphire on release date after saving my money for it. I bought it at KB Toys in the mall and my dad took me. I got Ruby as an early birthday present later that year along with another GBA because I wanted to trade with myself. Talking to other kids? That's a hassle. No thanks.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
    I was 7 when it came out. I haven't really played it that much since I just borrowed it from my cousin. Although I did play it in an emulator later on. My parents refuse to buy me handhelds because of studies. I do have consoles now, just waiting for Alpha Sapphire ; A;

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I was 5-7 when I started LeafGreen, and 8-9 in Emerald. It was around 2009 when I started Emerald and the Advance Generation was on TV at the same time I played it, so I was unaware that Sinnoh existed even when it came out. I only found about Sinnoh when I was surfing Bulbapedia's page for Deoxys - and there was Turtwig next to it. I used to think the farther the dex number of a Pokemon is, the stronger it is ... and there I was, thinking that Turtwig was stronger than Deoxys. :p

Back