• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How old were you?

Years
  • I feel old reading these posts because I'm 24 now and got platinum when it came out but have been playing pokemon since the first game released. And I've got a full notebook of pokemon cards(the original 150 including all the holographic cards) I've been a Pokémon fan since it started haha

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I was 6! :P But at that time I was still a GBA kid, and had no clue of anything related to the DS. It wasn't until a few years later I got Diamond - and HGSS was already released by then!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I was 16 when Pokemon Diamond came out. I thought it might have been released on the GBA, though.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I was 6 years old when they were released. They didn't become my first Pokémon game though, that was Explorers of Darkness in August '08.

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    I was 13 when it was relased but I got DS Lite and Diamond for Christmas that year and I had turned 14 in October. :b I remember when I had asked for DS lite and Diamond as a present, my mother said that "aren't you too old for Pokemon". I'm nearly 21 now and I'm never too old for Pokemon !

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    I was young, about 8 years old. We got the game when I was 10 I think.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Damn it's already been 7 years? Time flies...

I was only 10 when they were released.

pkmin3033

I was...seventeen. In my first year at College. God, that feels like a lifetime ago now, yet when I think back on it I can still remember how excited I was to be playing it!

Years
  • I was only 7 when they came out, I had already played and beat Emerald, so I was extremely happy about it, I worked hard on chores and when me and 2 friends had enough money we went to walmart and bought it, that was my most memorable playthrough of any Pokemon game, because we spent days maybe even weeks stuck after the seventh gym, because we couldn't find the Spear Pillar.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I turned 15 on April 23, 2007 so... Technically, I was 14 when I bought Pearl on the release date. I was pretty lucky to get a birthday present 1 day early.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I was 17 when the game came out though I've never played any of the games. I didn't care for the DS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I was 8 when I got my copy of Pearl. I never get tired of playing Pearl despite its glaring flaws. :P

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    If we're going by the release date, I was still 18. I don't remember if I got the game right away or not, my Diamond was lost to history several years ago.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • 2007 hmm, calculating that I was 10 years old that time, and got to play it next year when it came in my country

Back