• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How.....Old?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    Okay well ash has been through how...many series *counts* well anyway shouldnt he at least be like idk 18. I was at serebii and they said that in D/P that there was an episode that recaped there one year adventure already in the Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    well it was first aired in 1997, and ash was 10 then, so would that make him like.... 21 now? lmao

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    oh, no. i heard this one theory that some TV shows (like the Simpsons) have plots that have no Chronological continuity. in other words, that would mean a show could have hundreds of episodes without the characters growing or aging at all.

So to answer why Ash doesn't grow older is because the writers believe that him being noticebly older would put off people who are regular watchers of the show.

Lash

Years
  • Here is a theory of mine of how old he might be;

Kanto- 1yr- Age 11 by the end of the Kanto league
    Orange Islands- 6months- Age 11½ at Orange Islands end
    Johto- 1yr- Age 12½ by Johto's end
    Hoenn- 1yr- Age 13½ by Hoenn's end
    Battle Frontier- 6months- 14 by BF's end

I think he will be age 15 by the time Sinnoh is finished. But, only a theory.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • He is canonly 10
    From the Japanese site it says Satoshi is still ten

It's ok if you want to believe Ash is 14+ but dont go whining that Ash is a pedo because he's with 10 year old girls because then that's just dillusional

Last edited:

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years

I totally agree with this. Pokemon has got a Chronological continuity. It's not Micky Mouse...
    He is canonly 10
    From the Japanese site it says Satoshi is still ten

It's ok if you want to believe Ash is 14+ but dont go whining that Ash is a pedo because he's with 10 year old girls because then that's just dillusional
    *looks at Crystal Clairs Comashipping-signature* Do you also want to make us believe Shinji is not a pedo? -but that dont belong here.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hey, if you claim Ash is a Pedo I'll release my pearlshippy rage and throw you to the oit of doom, remember girls get their boost earlier than boys so he can't be a pedo.

Anyway, I theorize that ash should be round 13, remember the pikachu short of Movie 3? That was one year for sure, so kanto couldn't have been 1 year, probably 3/4 and OI 1/8 and JJ 1/8 as well. I'm not concluding that 3seasons=1 episode cause they have different speeds.

Altough this may be a little case of the Simpson syndrome during hoenn for some reason because Ash's maturity is approx to 13. Unless somebody is willing to caunt every day from the episodes, my theory stays.

PikaPi123

Pikachu Power!!!
    Years

Man o man, this "Ash's Age" subject never gets old... I agree with Lash's theory. Always did, always will. Some people might think Ash is still 10 but it's kinda wierd when you think about it. Ash has been through like 5 reigons and traveled with so many different people and Dawn's just starting out after all of that. And they are both ten?!? It don't make sense.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Alot of people like to say that Ash is around 15 now, and I feel comfortable with that.
    However, if you wanna get technical none of the characters have really aged at all.

Back