• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How rare is it to pick up a 10km egg?

Years
    I have only gotten 2 10km eggs.
    I got Omanyte and Pinsir. After that, Omanyte started to pop up near my house alot. :---D

I wish I got more 10 km eggs, it would be awsome to get Dragonair and Lapras.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    Level 27 here. I hatched over 400 eggs. I would say I got about 30% 2k, 50% 5k, 20% 10k. Only I haven't got from 10km is Lapras, Aerodactyl, Mr.mime, and Scyther, and 5k is f'fartech (sp?) and Tanegla, completed 2k eggs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    I have found personally that getting a 10k egg has been getting easier. I am currently level 24 and have current have 7 10k eggs ready to be incubated ( waiting till I get the incubators for leveling to 25).

They have all been acquired in around 2 weeks. I got these 10k eggs all from same couple of pokestops and usually get 10k eggs once I have spun 10 pokestops in a row around the same area. I don't know if that really is a factor but for me It was.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I'm at level 27 and have gone two weeks since I hatched my last 10k egg and I've been trying to get one since with absolutely no luck. Not a single 10k egg since.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I'd say <10% chance an egg from a pokestop is 10 Km. I'm level 26 and I've probably hatched 15 total 10 km eggs. Still no Lapras or Snorlax. I've got 4 Pinsers!

Also I've spent exactly zero dollars on this game! All my pokecoins have come from defending gyms. A lot of the time I've just had one incubator. :-(

Years
    • Age 29
    • She/Her
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    I haven't gotten one in a while. I have mostly 5km eggs atm. I actually have enough coins right now to buy another incubator. Probably gonna save it for a 10km.

Years
    It's random, I stock up until I have 9 10k then buy incubators and hatch all 9 at once. I usually get 1 or 2 10k sets per week.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    It's random, I stock up until I have 9 10k then buy incubators and hatch all 9 at once. I usually get 1 or 2 10k sets per week.

This seems inplausible without cheating. This looks like a troll.

Getting nine 10km eggs is nearly impossible to do, as it gets harder to replace the rest when you have more 10km eggs in storage. 1 or 2 sets of nine 10k eggs means you are cheating, or you are trolling this thread because you are 14 years old.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016

Getting nine 10km eggs is nearly impossible to do, as it gets harder to replace the rest when you have more 10km eggs in storage. 1 or 2 sets of nine 10k eggs means you are cheating, or you are trolling this thread because you are 14 years old.

It is not nearly impossible, it can be done. I have currently have 8 10k eggs and they have all been attained in the past 3 weeks from the same area. The last egg seems to be evading me so I agree with you about it getting progressively harder to accumulate 10k eggs when you have a few already. I have only ever gotten 2 10k eggs before this period but this is probably since I was living in a different area. I don't know if it happens as often this person says it does but if I got this many 10k eggs in such a short period I don't see why it can't happen again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Eight 10K eggs! I have zero right now, I feel lucky when I have even one!

One thing that seems off is the "hatching mileage". Most of the time I bike around, and there is one ride I have measured at 9 miles. When I bike this with Pokemon Go on, if I'm not careful I will get the message that I'm going too fast. But even when I'm careful to stay under that speed limit, I don't seem to get credit for 15 km, I am lucky to be able to hatch one 10 km egg. I would say I get only around 8 km or less for my 15 km ride. It seems perhaps "hatching mileage" is more accurate when you are walking?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    It is not nearly impossible, it can be done. I have currently have 8 10k eggs and they have all been attained in the past 3 weeks from the same area. The last egg seems to be evading me so I agree with you about it getting progressively harder to accumulate 10k eggs when you have a few already. I have only ever gotten 2 10k eggs before this period but this is probably since I was living in a different area. I don't know if it happens as often this person says it does but if I got this many 10k eggs in such a short period I don't see why it can't happen again.

That is not what he said. He said he completes and evolves a full set of nine 10km eggs ONCE OR TWICE PER WEEK.

I know the odds of getting it done in a month or two are not zero.

I know the odds of repeatedly getting it done once or twice a week are zero unless you make massive use of cheats like GPS hack.

Years

It's not impossible at all. I spend a lot of time at the Botanical Gardens nearby walking and hatching eggs, and there are a lot of pokestops to hit there. Keep in mind that I'm disabled and don't work, so I have a lot more time to do this than most people.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    i hatched 5x 10km eggs in the past 3 days. although i do hatch a lot of 2 and 5km eggs too, the 10km eggs do come quite often. i just got another one, and im gonna try to save up till i have 9. its probably gonna take weeks.

RocketGrunt1337

RocketGrunt1337
    Years
    I know some people who have never got any, but I also know people like myself who have hatched over 50. It's all luck I don't think there is a set % chance on getting a 10k.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    took me over 3 weeks to collect 9x 10km eggs, and i hatched them last saturday. since then, ive hatched over 20 eggs but havent gotten a single 10km egg.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Approximately 1 month since my last 10k egg.
    I checked and noted that Chansey last 9/23 was my last 10k egg hatch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I trashed the hypothesis that pokestops give you more of the same, more of the eggs you are carrying around. I claimed it is random.

Now i try a different approach because i am sick of getting so many 5km eggs. I now walk off the 5km eggs with the eternal incubator and let the 2km and 10km eggs accumulate. Long-term this is the same for me, no loss of efficiency, just a delay at worst, but i will see if it has an impact at all.

I hope to prove myself wrong and that i will get less 5km eggs and more 2km and 10km eggs if i mainly carry around 2km and 10km eggs, but i expect to fail.

Back