• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How should I train my pokemon in platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Should I keep my pokemon even or what should I do I don't get the whole training process and should I just capture enough to have one party full of pokemon I am not sure how to train them should I just keep catching new ones or like I said should I just train the ones I have? I need help and fast!

Years
  • o_o;

Battle wild Pokemon and trainers. Level them up. Do not keep catching them, you wont win. Keep 3 Pokemon 2 levels above the next gym leader.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Pick out 6 of your favorites, and then train them, make sure they're around the same level, and they are a variety of types. You'll be fine.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Don't bother keeping your Pokemon at even levels all the time, keep the one you need the most at the time the strongest. Trust me, it works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    do what you want, I usually have two or three that are a lot stronger then the others, for some reason despite the fact that I tried to do that like normal on platinum i somehow ended up with a relatively even line up.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I level grind by battling trainers and wild Pokemon!
    It's a long process but it always works in the long run!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Here's my training regimen:

At all times my starter must be at least two levels higher than all my other Pokemon. If it is within one level of them, I will only use my starter until it is three levels higher than the rest, then train everything else so the gap is two again, and rise and repeat. This way, my extra Pokemon usually match the levels of the gym leader's, with my starter matching the leader's strongest Pokemon. Also, If you're the type to use the Giratina in the Pokemon League, you should only maintain a party of 5 (the sixth being an HM Slave). When you get to the league, just switch Giratina into the party. Being the uber that it is, it can survive being a few levels lower than everyone also. This also allows your Pokemon to become stronger because you're training 5 instead of 6. And finally, I wouldn't advise assembling your team early in the game. Training will be much too hard that early in the game, and I say a good time to get that fifth Pokemon is somewhere around the fifth gym.

Kyle Hyde

The one who comes and goes
    Years
  • Train your favorite (or starters) at a level higher than the Wild Pokemon (or trainers) that you're about to battle, so that afterward, you can Exp. share without losing a battle. You could also give the weaker Pokemon a quick claw and put it up against another that's way higher than him (i.e. Lv.1 vs Lv.50) you'll gain loads of experience. But it won't work all the time.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    what i do is train by threes so every multiple of 3 i switch to the next pokemon. my team is finished by the E4. it usually consists of 5-6 depending on which ones i want. Does anyone else ev train their in-game team or is it just me? i find the E4 a lot easier if i do.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Have you played Pokemon before? If not, then just battle trainers and Wild Pokemon. If you have, well do what you've always done! How much different is Platinum from the other games to have a thread like this up? Is it really so different that training Pokemon suddenly needs help, while, for many years, a thread like this never needed to be raised by anyone other than a newbie? God...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • i think you should always have your starter Pokemon 3-8 levels higher then the rest of the Pokemon on your team, and as for your team, have them 3-5 levels higher then the gym leaders, Elite 4 and trainers all around

:t354:TG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back