• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the **** people beat recently released games so fast?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Basically, this. Pokémon X & Y have been released yesterday and people have already beaten the game! I can't do this, but I want to be able to. I have the time, but I imagine the level of mental and even physical stress is high.

Also posting here since my question is not necessarily related to Pokémon games.

Got X and Y on Saturday and beat it on Sunday. Basically you just have to keep playing the game nonstop and do things randomly. Its not that I sped through Pokemon X, it's just that I kept playing it and barely got any sleep for one night. Although, if you want to beat most games fast you just need to do the minimum essential things to get through the level or area. Don't do the extra missions/quests, ec.

Years
  • Got Y at High Noon on the day it came out. Normally I take my time but I beat it in four days. I thought the online box thing came out with it so I could put my pokemon in there and restart. Didn't check till afterwards though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    I actually find myself deliberately slowing myself down and getting myself distracted from the main storyline in games so I don't just plough through them. As others have said, why pay for a game you're really excited for to just rush through it and try to defeat it? Slow down and take in all it has to throw at you!

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
    Years
  • Once you get a feel for the pokemon games completing them isnt all that difficult. If your a real whizz kid you can pull it off in maybe 8 or so hours?
    But i feel for you as i got the game Dark Souls for the Xbox 360 on the date of its release. Within a day there was already an online walkthrough by about 20 different people on gamefaqs.
    It's frustrating especially since that game was supposedly the most difficult game ever to be released on the console.

Back