• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] How to branch from a choice to a battle.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2020
    I've scoured the internet and can't find anyone to tell me how to make a Trainer battle begin after the player talks to an npc, and then chooses an option that they give them that triggers the battle. I'm trying to create a dude who the player talks to and then can choose whether they want to battle him or not. I am pretty new to RPG Maker XP in general. Help would be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Hi, here's how to do it:
    First choose insert text to enter your dialogue, then add show choices and enter your choices and and finally put the battle event under the right choice.
    Your event should look like this:
    How to branch from a choice to a battle.

There are trainer events in route 3 that you can copy and change to set up trainer battles easily.
    I also suggest watching Thundaga tutorials on Youtube it can help a lot especially if you're new to essentials.

Back