• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to change Pokedex order in FireRed

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2015
    I am making a hack and I'm unsure how to do this. I've tried several tools and none o them work. Help would really be appreciated!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    There are two things you need to do in order to edit the Pokédex order. The first thing you'll need to do is set the order by typing each index number for each Pokémon at 0x251FEE (FireRed). However, this merely changes which Pokédex entries each Pokémon points to. In order to truly finish editing this you need to move each Pokédex entry to each matching index. There aren't any tools that can do this, so merely editing the order with them just points each Pokémon at the Pokédex entry associated with each position within the Pokédex (for example, swapping Ekans and Charmander would mean Ekans would point to Charmander's entry and Charmander would point to Ekans' entry). So to really change it up you'll need to move Pokédex data along with each Pokémon. The Pokédex entries start at 0x44E850 (FireRed) and are 36 byte long. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2015
    There are two things you need to do in order to edit the Pokédex order. The first thing you'll need to do is set the order by typing each index number for each Pokémon at 0x251FEE (FireRed). However, this merely changes which Pokédex entries each Pokémon points to. In order to truly finish editing this you need to move each Pokédex entry to each matching index. There aren't any tools that can do this, so merely editing the order with them just points each Pokémon at the Pokédex entry associated with each position within the Pokédex (for example, swapping Ekans and Charmander would mean Ekans would point to Charmander's entry and Charmander would point to Ekans' entry). So to really change it up you'll need to move Pokédex data along with each Pokémon. The Pokédex entries start at 0x44E850 (FireRed) and are 36 byte long. Good luck.

I reaally don't know anything at all about hex editing, so how would i find this information?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2015
    I like to use the hex editor HxD. It seems to be the one that a lot of users on here like to use too.

Well, I tried this using G3HS's hex editor, but whenever I try to change it a bunch of error boxes pop up and something about a malformed ini

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well, I tried this using G3HS's hex editor, but whenever I try to change it a bunch of error boxes pop up and something about a malformed ini

I do not recommend using G3HS's hex editor. It only has the most basic of functions, and like all things with G3HS there is no guarantee it will work.

Back