• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to create new ability?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I wanted to know how i do to create a new ability with a new effect?
    i wanted to create a ability like Pixilate but for fire

It is possible to a pokemon 2 abilities at same time?

Years
  • Giving 2 abilities per Pokémon means to change the metagame. In addition it's a lot of work to do.

Making an ability like Pixilate for fire type includes that you take Pixilate code and you edit it.

In PokémonBattle_Move script, in "Calculate base power of moves" section, after IRON FIST ability, add this:

if type==0 && attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:YOURABILITY)
    type=getConst(PBTypes,:FIRE) || 0
    damagemult=(damagemult*1.3).round
    end

Replace "YOURABILITY" with the new ability INTERNAL NAME.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Giving 2 abilities per Pokémon means to change the metagame. In addition it's a lot of work to do.

Making an ability like Pixilate for fire type includes that you take Pixilate code and you edit it.

In PokémonBattle_Move script, in "Calculate base power of moves" section, after IRON FIST ability, add this:

if type==0 && attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:YOURABILITY)
    type=getConst(PBTypes,:FIRE) || 0
    damagemult=(damagemult*1.3).round
    end

Replace "YOURABILITY" with the new ability INTERNAL NAME.

The new ability worked.
    I was trying to make a dual type attack like flying press, i copy flying press code and change it to the type i wanted but it doesn't worked.
    i copied this
    if @id==getID(PBMoves,:FLYINGPRESS)
    atype2=getConst(PBTypes,:FLYING)
    secondarymod_1=PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype1,@battle.inverse)
    secondarymod_2=PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype2,@battle.inverse)
    secondarymod_3=(otype3==nil)? 2 : PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype3,@battle.inverse)
    else
    secondarymod_1=2
    secondarymod_2=2
    secondarymod_3=2
    end

what i'm doing wrong?

Years
  • The new ability worked.
    I was trying to make a dual type attack like flying press, i copy flying press code and change it to the type i wanted but it doesn't worked.
    i copied this
    if @id==getID(PBMoves,:FLYINGPRESS)
    atype2=getConst(PBTypes,:FLYING)
    secondarymod_1=PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype1,@battle.inverse)
    secondarymod_2=PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype2,@battle.inverse)
    secondarymod_3=(otype3==nil)? 2 : PBTypes.getEffectiveness(atype2,otype3,@battle.inverse)
    else
    secondarymod_1=2
    secondarymod_2=2
    secondarymod_3=2
    end

what i'm doing wrong?

If you haven't added the third type on Battlers, the game doesn't work.

Years
  • I can't remember exactly what is the correct thread, but you can make a search like "Adding the third type" script. After that, play the game and check for errors.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    im new to pokefourms and im also new to adding new abilites i was just wondering exactly how u would go about it step by step because im confused as how to where to put the code where to even start and how u got there so if there is any kind soul to help me with this ill greatly appreciate it

Years
  • im new to pokefourms and im also new to adding new abilites i was just wondering exactly how u would go about it step by step because im confused as how to where to put the code where to even start and how u got there so if there is any kind soul to help me with this ill greatly appreciate it

There's no specific place to put the code. Where the code goes depends on what the ability is intended to do. The code for Scrappy is in the type effectiveness calculations, the code for Dark Aura is in the base damage calculations, the code for Protean is in the accuracy calculations, etc.

What do you want your new ability to do?

Back