• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to do a none-catchable pok?mon ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2017
    How to do a none-catchable pokémon ?

I just want to do a battle against a wild pokémon which we can't catch in this battle only.
    Is it possible ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    i think you just put 0 in Rareness of the pokemon you want to do that in the PBSPokemon File

Years
    PokeBattle_Battle, line 122, should be "def pbThrowPokeBall". In that function, find the following code and add the red section:
    Code:
        if @opponent && (!pbIsSnagBall?(ball) || !battler.isShadow?)
          @scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("The Trainer blocked the Ball!\nDon't be a thief!"))
    [COLOR="Red"]    elsif $game_switches[NO_CATCH]
          pbDisplay(_INTL("Something blocked the Ball!"))[/COLOR]
        else
          pokemon=battler.pokemon
          species=pokemon.species

Now you need to define the constant NO_CATCH somewhere in the Settings script section (something as simple as "NO_CATCH = 64"), then use an event to turn on switch 64 before the battle and to turn it off afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2017
    Thank you :)

When I test the battle and when I throw a pokeball, the pokemon can't be catch but there is no animation and no text, just : "Player threw a pokeball !" And when I attack next turn, this message appears 1 seconde and the attack animation begins... Is it normal ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    I did something similar to what Rooster_ConeX did, but a bit differently.
    Code:
        if @opponent && (!pbIsSnagBall?(ball) || !battler.isShadow?)
          pbDisplay(_INTL("The Trainer blocked the Ball!\nDon't be a thief!"))
        else
    [COLOR="RED"]     if $game_switches[142] # Pokemon can't be caught switch
           pbDisplay(_INTL("It dodged the thrown Ball! It looks like it's refusing to be caught! We have to knock it out!"))
           return
         end[/COLOR]
    I've tested this code in my own game and it does work. You can see it in action around 5 minutes in the video.

You can probably also do what Rooster_ConeX did by making the switch be "if $game_switches[NO_CATCH]" and adding "NO_CATCH" to your Settings, and it should still work the same way.

Back