• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to edit teams?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2015
    I am working on My first hack (yay), And, Things are going swell so far. But i was wondering how i'd change, like, the team of the game. I'm using FireRed

like, how i would be able to edit names and what not.
    I figured to replace the actual sprites it would be like replacing the pokemon sprites in unlz.
    but editing the names is what i'm stuck on.

My hack is going to be based on the 'Dont hug me im scared' series. and instead of team rocket it would be team money. and giovanni would be replaced by the money man.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    If you're using A-Trainer, then edit the contents of the text box underneath the trainer class dropdown menu (highlighted):

How to edit teams?

If you were to change "TEAM ROCKET" to "TEAM MONEY" then the entire trainer class string "TEAM ROCKET" will be globally replaced for all trainer battles instead of just the one. You'll still need to edit them all in the text, though.

For Giovanni, you can do a similar thing by changing the class "BOSS" to "THE" and renaming his trainer name to "MONEY MAN" thus ending up with the in-game text string "THE MONEY MAN wants to fight!"

Make sure to make backups of your project while doing sweeping text editing things like this, though! A-Trainer is fairly good about not destroying ROMs, but you can never be too careful. Good luck!

Back