• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to evolve pokemon like Machoke, Haunter, etc. Alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
  • All you need is WiFi. (yes, I know, why wouldn't you just trade anyways, because, this way is easier!)

First discovered by someone on serebii, so no, I do not claim this info as my own, but I have tried and tested this to confirm before I post ^.~

First off, go to the GTS with the pokemon you want to evolve, attach an item if it needs one to evolve.

Secondly, put it in GTS and request something no one would ever do it for, such as a level 100.

Thirdly, Leave the GTS, reenter, as soon as you're back on the main screen, click summary and press take out of the GTS. When the pokeball flies back down and the pokemon comes back to you, the pokemon will evolve.

Happy Evolving ^.~

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • This is weird... it works on my pearl version, but doesn't on my diamond O.o;; Must do further tests...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Ok, it appears that certain pokemon seem to have a time limit they have to be on the GTS for it to work, On the thread on serebii, some people get it to work instantly, others have to wait hours... Hmm... I'll pull out the machoke I put on in another 5 min and see if it worked...

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • XDDDD! Nice work discovering this!

Samson, it's in Jubilife.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Hmm... Machoke doesn't seem to work this way, yet to see someone evolve one...

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Been testing, from what I've seen, Item Trade Evolutions work, i.e. Magmar, Electabuzz, Onix, however, Kadabra, Machoke, and Haunter do not, and someone posted I posted this on pkmncommunity when I'm on serebii too XD (You posted like 2 posts below mine on there XD)

Doing further tests tomorrow, as I need sleep :/

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Been testing, from what I've seen, Item Trade Evolutions work, i.e. Magmar, Electabuzz, Onix, however, Kadabra, Machoke, and Haunter do not

Damn... I use an Alakazam in nearly every team I make, and if this sort of thing worked, that would make my life oh so much easier.

Please let me know if you find a way!

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Ahh, so Item-Trade Evolutions work. This is great news. Makes things much simpler for me. ^-^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Can you just set up a private trade with yourself if you have both and do it that way? but this could be a good way for peopel with only the one game

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • i have a good question. where is the GTS? lol

I didn't see anyone answer your question, so I'll do it for you ^-^

The GTS is the Global Trade Station. It was in Jubilife City, and you can only get into it. Thats where the guy told you that people without at least one badge wasn't allowed in if you ever found that.

LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaotic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    ...whats gts stand for? x_X

YOu don't read
    vvvvvvvv

I didn't see anyone answer your question, so I'll do it for you ^-^

The GTS is the Global Trade Station. It was in Jubilife City, and you can only get into it. Thats where the guy told you that people without at least one badge wasn't allowed in if you ever found that.

My machoke still didn't work so it must be only item trades.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back