• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to get a successful Utopia? (What is the best world?)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The superpowers symbolize everyone having completely equal powers. No leaders, no corruption, just pure anarchy. Now it is impossible to have a peaceful thought process like yours, it is just to hard. Even if everyone did, we would be just like animals- that is to say we would all be cookie cut into the same mold.

I personally am not violent, I've never been in a fight where I've hurt someone. Though I would definitely fight those who don't want peace so that the ones who do don't have to. For peace to exist there has to be violence, its the only way. From my point of view everything in nature is balanced and nothing but peace is to unnatural (I couldn't live in that world).

Peace requires violence, and sacrifice. The sacrifice itself is peace (it is a bit confusing). Think about this scenario: There is a bully in school who picks on a pacifist for being a pacifist. The bully actively beats up the pacifist every day, the other kids watch because they themselves don't want to fight. Then another boy comes up, he is also a pacifist, but he doesn't want to see this child get beat up anymore. So he fights the bully. (Assume this is after school and teachers don't care)

In the scenario the bully could care less if anyone wants peace, he finds it fun to beat up this kid. The other pacifist has two choices: remain peaceful or become violent. Either way there will be violence, but the question arises- who deserves it?

Now lets skip ahead a year, the bully has matured. He apologizes to both of the kids, and becomes friends with the one who chose to help. The bully hasn't caused any violence since and is quiet peaceful. Now this is a true story, it happened to me, I was the second pacifist. Did I want to fight? Not at all. I didn't even know the other kid, and I took a beating for him.

During those years I was bullied and made fun of, I hated school but I promised to never go to school sad, and never go home sad. I had reason to resent people entirely, I could care less for people. But I thought to myself (and I still do) I can take a life without peace, someone else deserves it.

A wish for the change of human nature is just the same as the mutual nuke thing. Through some magic you are repressing or resenting nature. Peace is something we don't have to wish for, it's something we have to give.

In a world that isn't changed by an all-powerful, wish-granting genie violence is required to obtain peace.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • In a world that isn't changed by an all-powerful, wish-granting genie violence is required to obtain peace.

Conflict is the basis of the perfect world, but sometimes conflict is just unnecessary.

Conflict is what gives us a reason to live, but sometimes it's a reason for us to die.

Hm. Your logic is "God allows this to happen because we sinned," yes? I beg to argue. If God was such a malevolent god, he might as well burn the world to the ground, make it rain all day long, and give Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black a world tour concert together. >.> Seriously? I believe that nothing just happens. Because if we're just moping around about original sin, what's the point of living anyway. But then again, with your malevolent god theory, suicide will burn you in hell anyway. Just my two cents.

He loves a good entertaining show. That's why he created us and saw that we would fall away from him and not do anything (absolute) to save us. That's why he didn't destroy Satan and Hell.

Life's a movie, and we're actors.

Last edited:

Cyru

-
    Years
  • I wouldn't change anything about this world, because if everything was good in the world, would we really appreciate anything? Would Heaven be anything to strive for?

Years
  • You can't have a true 'utopia' as long as human beings act the way they do. People have been trying to do this as long as we've had civilization.

Back