• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[HOW-TO] Hacking on a Mac, RUnning EXE's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Did you install the .net frameworks and module fixes?

If that's the four things you listed in the first post (Native DCOM, gdiplus.dll, access runtime 2000, and Visual basic runtimes) then yes, I did. If not, then I don't know what those are.

--EDIT--

So that I don't double post, I'll just add on comments here.

I tried to re-install those four things, and I got XSE to work, once. For some reason, it's not working again.

But here are some other tools I managed to at least open, although I haven't messed around with them enough to see how well they work. You asked for reports back on what works, so here's what I've found so far:

Advance Trainer - Beta
Free Space Finder
Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition
ROM Header Editor Advance
Start Map Chooser Advance

In short, HackMew's Tools Factory for the most part is quite Mac-friendly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
Darwine trouble...

This is a really nice tool. However, I can only get advance maps to work. Anyone know how to install .dlls on darwine?

~Edit~
Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to go a roundabout way of opening the system 32 folder, then just drag/dropped it in.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Pellio

Dragonair :D
Years
I've also had a problem with the .dlls thing, got an error and it said it wasn't found, what do I do? I haven't much clue about how computers work... :S

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I've also had a problem with the .dlls thing, got an error and it said it wasn't found, what do I do? I haven't much clue about how computers work... :S

Well search how to install those on google, and then show your hidden files so you can manually do it ;)

Pellio

Dragonair :D
Years
I think this is all too complicated for me haha, I tried to look it up and could only find how to view the hidden files, but no files ending in .DLL are found when I type it into finder. The only thing I could really understand from the google search was that the programes should have the dll files with them when you download them, but it appears this download must not. Advancemap and unLZ work, its just XSE that doesn't.

Also is there anyway to use the "grosser block" advancemap tool on a mac? Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but just thought because this is a mac related topic I'd ask here instead of making a thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back