• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to Make a Created Item Run Scripts WITHOUT Jpan Engine??

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    Ok, so ive learned how to make a crafting system through the night, by creating an item that would run scripts that would take specific items from the player and return new 'created' items, via a multichoice box with several choices. With a few scripts and some dabbling in the hex, it works, the only problem is, in order to use it, you have to patch the rom with a tool called the JPAN ENGINE.

It works great with that, only thing is, that engine has wiped every event out of the game only keeping the source materials. You can create events, but essentially, the game is empty.

Does anyone have an idea of how to make a created item run scripts on a regular FR rom? It needs to have a Field Use that is available in the hex somewhere to execute the script, in JPAN it is 161521.

Any answers are appreciated, as i cant find any solid info on how to do it without the JPAN patch.

If i can get it to work, i plan to post the whole finished project so the info will be more readily available.

Any takers on this one?

Back