• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a deck

Years
  • How many pokemon should i use and how many energys should i use and how many trainers should i use i what to go to a tournamant but i don't got a good deck.2 venusaurs 3 ivysaurs 3 bulbasaurs 1 cacnea 1 snorunt 1 seel 1 dark vaporeon 1 seaking 1 goldeen 1 staryu 1 poliwhirl 1poliwag 1 Eevee 3 meowths 2 potions 1 pokemon retriever 2 bills 4 poke balls 1 professor birch 1 copy cat 2 interviewers questions 1 the boss's way 12 Grass energys 13 Water energys 1 Metal energy

Last edited:
    Years
  • I suggest you hit enter after each list of your cards.

Thoguh your evolution lines are too thin for tournaments, and most of them are too weak. I also think a few of your cards are not tournament legal, so you'll have to take a look at the thread I link to below and figure out which of your cards are from those sets or have an EXACT match in one of those sets.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=265503

Years
  • 1 zoroark
    2 zoruas
    1 vanillite
    1 vanillish
    1 whirlipede
    1 starmie
    1 staryu
    1 sneasel
    1 venipede
    1 ralts
    1 gardevoir
    6 Psychic Energys
    2 Dark Energys
    4 Water Energys
    1 bill1 interviewers questions
    1 full heal
    2 pokemon communications
    1 cilan

Years
  • Where is the Kirlia in the Ralts family line? I don't see Rare Candy in your deck, and you can't evolve Gardevoir from Ralts without Rare Candy. Everything else looks like a decent start, but at your age you'll be playing in the Seniors division (ages 11 to 15), which is the second most intense division of play out there, so this deck won't exactly get very far at any tournaments because it doesn't have any sort of Pokemon that are the centerpiece of the deck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    This deck only has 30 cards, you need exactly 60. My decks usually have 16-18 pokemon, 12-16 energy, and all the rest trainers and supporters, and my decks are standard for tournaments. Pick the main pokemon you want, choose some secondary pokemon that support the strategy of the first one, pick energy that matches those pokemon, and use trainers/supporters that help you draw cards, refresh your hand, search for pokemon and energy, and that bring them back from the discard into your hand or deck. That should be a good starting point.

Back