• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a double battle with a partner?

Years
  • So as the question says how do I make a double battle for when the player has a character following him. Also both the player and the partner only have 1 Pokemon I tried using the Brendan event from essentials as an example but I ended in getting an error. I have Klein's BW essentials 3.1.1 but I don't think that's a problem and I believe that is all the info I need to share.

Years
  • First I was just searching for double battles so no I didn't search for the partner so I didn't see that one. 2. The page talks about something that I will need further on so thanks. 3. I want to know how to make the player to be able to have a double battle with 2 different trainers with him having a partner and all 4 of them just have 1 Pokemon each. If that is not possible then I will like to see a response from someone that surely knows. Then I would most likely make the player have just one battle with one of the trainers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2021
    Hi,

Just use the script pbAddDependency2(number of event, "name of this dependency", global switch that will active when you interact with your partner) for registrer the partner (he will follow you).

Then use the script pbRegisterPartner(type of trainer,"name of trainer") and this trainer will be your partner in doubles battles.

For end the partner, use the script pbDeregisterPartner and for end the dependency use pbRemoveDependency2("name of dependency")

Example:
    pbAddDependency2(1,"Team with handsome",50)
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::HANDSOME,"Handsome")
    pbDeregisterPartner
    pbRemoveDependency2("Team with handsome")

Years
  • Hi,

Just use the script pbAddDependency2(number of event, "name of this dependency", global switch that will active when you interact with your partner) for registrer the partner (he will follow you).

Then use the script pbRegisterPartner(type of trainer,"name of trainer") and this trainer will be your partner in doubles battles.

For end the partner, use the script pbDeregisterPartner and for end the dependency use pbRemoveDependency2("name of dependency")

Example:
    pbAddDependency2(1,"Team with handsome",50)
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::HANDSOME,"Handsome")
    pbDeregisterPartner
    pbRemoveDependency2("Team with handsome")

That's not what I asked for.....you should read before posting a response.

Years
  • That's not what I asked for.....you should read before posting a response.

Actually, that is what you asked for. In order to make a double battle with a partner, you need to first register the partner you'll be battling with.

Now, let's say you want to just make a Double Battle where your ally joins you right before the battle, and leaves you right after, like the battle alongside Steven on the Eon Island in ORAS.

You use the pbRegisterPartner(type of trainer,"name of trainer") function to register the partner. You then make the double Battle like any normal double battle. Then you use pbDeregisterPartner to deregister the partner so future battles don't have him.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I want to know how to make the player to be able to have a double battle with 2 different trainers with him having a partner and all 4 of them just have 1 Pokemon each. If that is not possible then I will like to see a response from someone that surely knows. Then I would most likely make the player have just one battle with one of the trainers.

Your question is indeed a bit ambiguous, as it is not clear if you do not know how to set up a trainer partner and/or a double battle.

Anyway, you got plenty of explanation about the partner already. As for setting a double battle, the wiki "surely knows" that:
    https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Trainers

As it is said in the "Double battles" section, you just have to use "pbDoubleTrainerBattle". If you have a partner registered, this will result in a 2v2 battle. Having 1 Pokemon each is not a problem.

Back