• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To Make a Good Plot / Story Tutorial (General Makers)

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
  • : : How to Make a Good Plot / Story Tutorial : :
    This is a tutorial made by me, Peekimon, explaining the basics of making a good story / plot.

:: INTRODUCTION ::
    Almost every game has a story or plot. Before you start your game, you have to think of what the story / plot would be like. In this tutorial, I will teach you how to make a good plot / story:

:: First of all, ::
    You have to think of a plot / story in relation to the main idea of the game. If you're making a pok?mon game, you would be obliged to make a story / plot including information such as you are a trainer destined to win the league. No, your story / plot doesn't have to be equal to the official games. Your story / plot could be of any topic of your decision, but, as I said earlier, it has to do something with, for example, pok?mon.
    Ok, let's create a game story / plot.

"You are trainer who wants to win the [Region Name] League. You go on an adventure to be the best trainer of all!"

Ok, THAT is the most type of stories / plots I've seen in some games. To tell you the truth, this is not attractive and attention grabbing.
    Why? Because that is the main plot / story in almost every official pok?mon game. Let's spice it up a bit.
    Below would be a few techniques in making stories / plots.

:: ENHANCING THE STORY / PLOT ::
    Adding stuff to a story / plot would be as I call "Enhancing" the Story / Plot. Ok, let's Enhance the story / plot.

"You are trainer who wants to win the [Region Name] League. You go on an adventure to be the best trainer of all! But, that can't be done easily. Recently, Team [Name] has taken over all the gyms in [Region Name], will you help each Gym Leader take their gym back or will Team [Name] manage to take over the Elite four? It's up to you to make the decision."

Now, that's much more interesting, isn't it? That is "Enhancing the Plot / Story", as I call it. You notice that I didn't edit the original story / plot, but added information. This is one of the techniques which you could use while making a game story.

:: DRAMATIC APPROACH ::
    Now, this is another way of writing the story / plot, dramatically.
    Sometimes, stories / plots would include very heart breaking moments, sad moments or even horrific moments. This is what I call "Dramatic Approach". For example:

"You were only 8 when your parents passed away. You lived through a harsh life of sadness and misery, you were sent to an orphanage where, you were treated no better. You grew up with this miser and you ran away from the cruel, heartless orphanage... Until you found a [pok?mon name] in the forest. You seem to share the misery and you banded with that pok?mon. You were in Seventh Heaven. Happy as ever, you still have some unfinished business to do..."

Now THAT is very sad and very dramatic. That is kinda eye catching and very in depth. Some people use this type of story / plot to show some drama in their games.

:: Twisted Plot / Story ::
    This type of plot / story is when the good guy, is really the bad guy or when the other way around. This type of plot / story is attractive and eye catching, as, it involves some twists and turns which generates lots of surprises. For example.

"You were ordered by the King of [Region Name] to capture a wild pok?mon because it was causing havoc in [Region Name]. Team [Name] is destined to do so, but, for a different purpose. You were ordered to catch that pok?mon that you fought Team [Name] and took the pok?mon away, because, you were told that they were bad. You brought it to the king and you noticed that the King began to send you to the Dungeon. You, of course was surprised at this. You then knew that Team [Name] was good and the King was bad. Now the world will end, is there time left to save it?"

This type of story is very, very surprising indeed. Some stories / plots would go as the King being the bad guy, then really the good guy, then it turned out that the King was the Bad guy, after all!

:: Final Notes ::
    Your story won't be half as good if you don't express it enough. Take note of these techniques and I hope that you'll create an awesome story!

End of Tutorial
    Tutorial was made by Peekimon
    PM me if you have some questions or post them here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Don't expect to get a reply: Peekimon hasn't posted for nearly 3 years.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    It was short..and weird..And didn't help me much..

There should have been more detail on how to really spice your storyline up..

Back