• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a redirect tag

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
Years
  • Have you looked at any websites that Teach You HTML? If you did was it just the basics? if so try and read up some more. Try www.w3schools.com That site taught me everything I needed to know.

Gecko

Animaster
    Years
  • im just using it for after a form is submitted.

That doesn't matter. My argument still applies. Just use a link instead. When the user submits a form you show them a "Form submitted" text and then ad a "Continue ->" link afterwards. The user isn't so stupid and lazy that he can't click the link.

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • That doesn't matter. My argument still applies. Just use a link instead. When the user submits a form you show them a "Form submitted" text and then ad a "Continue ->" link afterwards. The user isn't so stupid and lazy that he can't click the link.

Im know that but its easier that way but they don't have to go back because the form opens in a new tab or windows so it doesn't really matter

Gecko

Animaster
    Years
  • Ouch, that's just as bad :P. One big rule you learn with experience as a webmaster to avoid opening things in a new window (/tab). There are some very detailed reasons to this. One being, it's damn annoying, and everyone should know that :P

To quote some short paragraphs from HTMLDog:
    "The a tag allows you to open the link in a newly spawned window, rather than replacing the web page the user is on, which at first thought may sound like a good idea as it doesn't take the user away from your site.

There are a number of reasons why you shouldn't do this however.

From a usability point of view, this method breaks navigation. The most commonly used navigation tool on a browser is the "back" button. Opening a new window disables this function.

On a wider, more general usability point, users do not want new windows to be popping up all over the place. If they want to open a link in a new window then they can choose to do so themselves."

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • dude i don't care im doing it that way it redirects to a form submitted page and then they close it.

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • I understand but Im thinking about not even using the form but using a form software that is much better.

Back