• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make rival take Pokemon in Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hey, PC. I made this account for help with events with the rival. I want him to take the Pokemon with the type advantage and can't figure it out after using the tutorial on starter Pokemon on the Essentials Wiki. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Problem resolved.

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    You just make the player character fight different version of the rival character based on what Pokemon the Player character took. Take a game variable, set it to 1 if they take the grass, 2 if they take the water, and 3 if they take the fire. Then when they battle have it check that and set up a trainer battle against the appropriate version of the rival.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    You just make the player character fight different version of the rival character based on what Pokemon the Player character took. Take a game variable, set it to 1 if they take the grass, 2 if they take the water, and 3 if they take the fire. Then when they battle have it check that and set up a trainer battle against the appropriate version of the rival.
    I've done that already. I meant the cutscene-like event after the player picks their starter.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    All you need are move routes for the rival's event. This is done in exactly the same way as the player's move routes after they choose a starter, which there is a good example of in the example maps.

Back