• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to Map Using Seasonal Tileset?

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    Hey, guys. It's been a while since I posted here; I'm more of a lurker. I do have a question, though, regarding hacking using FireRed as a base. How do I map it with a winter season tileset? My intention is to give it a winter look in the entire region, but the problem is that every header in Advance Map 1.95 has its own block in which the mapping had already been set previously. For instance, since Masara Town (Pallet Town) never had been mapped with winter tiles, it doesn't appear on the block, and I can't seem to transfer tiles from other areas that contain it and use it on other area. While we are on subject, how do I insert buildings and other stuff that have snow on them? Any easily to follow tips would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    Could you save the tileset for Pallet Town's winter tileset, open it in a painting program and edit up the tiles by selecting the parts you want and copying them to a new document?
    See if you can get the specific tiles by saving the winter tileset and opening it in Paint.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just figured out how to change the tileset. I just have to change it to 38 on Tileset 2. But I still need to figure out how to get buildings covered in snow.

Edit: Nevermind. It seems that whenever I change Tileset 2 in Header to 38, it becomes buggy and changed the look on the map. And when I try to re-load the block I picked, it becomes buggy as well. Any advice on how I change the tileset into winter without becoming buggy?

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • If you're using Primal Dialga's RTC and Seasons patch then all you need to do is make a new tileset that contains the winter tiles that you want, then in A-Map there should be an option in the settings tab of A-Map that says Season Editor, open that, click create new tileset, and set it up as you want.

the tiles have to match up in the block data, otherwise things will get messy.

If you want something to look at to see how you should set up your new tilesets, I made a patch while back that inserted seasons and a few tilesets into a vanilla FR ROM.
    https://www.mediafire.com/download/4tmlpyjo68yots7/Seasons.ips

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2022
    How do I get the tileset to match up with the block data? And it seems that the link you provided is broken.

Last edited:
    Back