• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How to obtain a second master ball in Black or White

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I was just going around talking to people and in Castelia City there is a guy dressed in black at the second floor of the pokemon center. He ask you how many times you have traded if you have traded over 50 times like me You get a masterball and some other stuff like zoom lens, scope lens, a everstone and i forgot the other one but i was shocked when he gave me a masterball it really works guys please send this to everyone you know because it is 100% true and very helpful. Please tell me the other item i forgot if you go do this and Your welcome everybody.

Sorry the other item is a pp max or up just please confirm it for me

Mod note: This is not a scam!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I was just going around talking to people and in Castelia City there is a guy dressed in black at the second floor of the pokemon center. He ask you how many times you have traded if you have traded over 50 times like me You get a masterball and some other stuff like zoom lens, scope lens, a everstone and i forgot the other one but i was shocked when he gave me a masterball it really works guys please send this to everyone you know because it is 100% true and very helpful. Please tell me the other item i forgot if you go do this and Your welcome everybody.

Sorry the other item is a pp max or up just please confirm it for me
    I already knew this, and i'm sure alot of people do too. But i guess it's good for those who don't. Your thread on the other hand makes it seem like some kind of email spam. I can say for sure that i wouldnt open an email titled "Read this on how to obtain a second master ball in Black or White" No offence, just saying :S

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Doesn't seem like email spam to me :(

Yeah I learnt this a few days ago, and since then I've been aiming to get the 50 trades. Right now I'm at 18, so considering how much I'd trade in other games... I'm making good progress.

I won't use this masterball, but I will keep it when I get it just incase I need it. :)

Years
  • I already knew this, and i'm sure alot of people do too. But i guess it's good for those who don't. Your thread on the other hand makes it seem like some kind of email spam. I can say for sure that i wouldnt open an email titled "Read this on how to obtain a second master ball in Black or White" No offence, just saying :S

Yeah I thought it was a scam too lol

Thanks for the heads up OP, didn't know about this, I need to get trading I think!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    lol sorry i just wanted to make sure everyone knew and didnt want people to take it as an email spam im so lucky i found out by accident lol

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • New reason to trade! New reason to trade! Thanks for putting this thread up! I really want another masterball! But I don't know enough people to trade that much...

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • Thanks, I didn't know about this before you posted it. It definitely beats having to win the lottery game for a second Masterball in every other generation.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • LOL I'm sorry, but I do have to agree with a few people, this did sound like kind of a scam. XD Kinda fishy, but hey, there isn't exactly another way to put it.

But wow, this sure is a strange discovery. :3 This is something I would never expect, another way to get a Masterball! (Aside from the nearly impossible lottery) Thanks for the info, I shall get trading! Even though I haven't even used my first masterball. XD

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • He doesn't count how many trades you've done, he counts how many Pokemon with different OTs and IDs you have. So technically, you could just Poke Transfer a whole bunch of event Pokemon, and he'll include those. Or just use the GTS.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    I was quite surprised as well. Though I am kinda glad they broke tradition, too many Pokemon we need more balls!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I recently learned about this, and I'm quite surprised, because you don't get extra Master Balls that easily in the older games (get a matching ID number in the lotto).

Years
  • Thanks for the information Wolf-Knight. I didn't know a Master Ball was attainable in this manner! I do remember speaking to the man dressed in black but as I didn't have many trades completed at this point in the game, nothing happened, so I moved on.

I'll be sure to pay him a visit after completing 50 trades :]

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Guys, this is real. Just for double confirmation:
    https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/hiuntrade.shtml

This. I thought everyone already knew about this, it's been known since B/W first came out in Japan. :/

I have 19 trades right now. It measures how many times you traded by looking at the different ID numbers in your boxes. So, if you PokeTransfer 6 Pokemon, all at once, each with a different ID from the 4th gen, you get 6 more trades. :3

For future reference, when you say "This isn't a scam" twenty times, it makes it look like a huge scam.

Last edited:

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    Thanks for sharing, I would have never known about this!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • An actual reason for me to open a trade thread.
    This is the first time i've heard of this, so it's nice to know. (Sadly, I didn't even know you could win one in the lotto in previous generations =/)

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    You just get one extra? Or does it work for every 50 "trades?

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    Getting a Master Ball for 50+ trades is great.
    Also even easier to get a second Master Ball without having to match your ID numbers.
    I've only gotten the first three items so far ... To the Quick Trade Thread :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well I finally reached 50 trades and got the second masterball. I expected some special dialogue, or special music or something to make it a celebration :( Boooring!

Whatever having a second masterball can still be handy.

Back