• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to start watching Pokemon???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    So i have been a pokemon fan since i was a kid, im an avid collecter of the cards, and games, but when it comes to the anime, i have probably seen a total of 100 episodes altogether :(, So I have decided to start watching it again from the beginning! :D. there is justone problem though, where do i start? in what oreder should everything e watchd, i mean with movies, and battle frontier, and all that, what is the proper way to truely enjoy this anime? Also, i would perfer to watch these on dvd/blueray, instead of the internet, how should i start my pokemon anime collection? what box sets should i buy? will the collecter set n Australia be released in the states?? Thanks for any help! :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Honestly I suggest starting from Diamond and Pearl... It's the best by far <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    The only thing that makes me not watching Pokémon from the start again are the banned episodes. Specially the Dratini and Tauros episode and the one with Porygon, which are in Japanese. Yeah I know there are epsidoes on the net, but I would like to have Raw episodes, and since I don't live in Japan I can't buy the original version on DVDs or Blu-Ray.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    Just wondering are you asking a question with an answer? You said you were going to start from the beginning. Then you asked where you should start at. I suggest you start from Pokemon - I Choose You! considering that is the first episode in the Anime.

Here is the order for the Anime and Movies.

Im sorry, i mispoke :/ haha, i know i have to statr at episode one, i just wanted to know where all the movies and specials fall in after that, thanks for all the help though!

When I watched pokemon all over again, I watched it on pokemonepisode.org
    If you start watching from the first episode, the list of episode are already organized. They already organized the episodes, specials, and movies as well. By that, you won't watch something while mistakenly postponing what's supposed to be before, I am sorry if I couldn't't supply with answer you needed with the DVD and such.....

When I watched pokemon all over again, I watched it on pokemonepisode.org
    If you start watching from the first episode, the list of episode are already organized. They already organized the episodes, specials, and movies as well. By that, you won't watch something while mistakenly postponing what's supposed to be before, I am sorry if I couldn't't supply with answer you needed with the DVD and such.....

Thanks for that! i shall check that website out! =D

Honestly I suggest starting from Diamond and Pearl... It's the best by far <3

I did watch some dp and they were pretty awesome, but i love me some oldies too =D

The only thing that makes me not watching Pokémon from the start again are the banned episodes. Specially the Dratini and Tauros episode and the one with Porygon, which are in Japanese. Yeah I know there are epsidoes on the net, but I would like to have Raw episodes, and since I don't live in Japan I can't buy the original version on DVDs or Blu-Ray.

The oldies are the best =D, i do wish i could see those 3 episodes dubbed though :/

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The only thing that makes me not watching Pokémon from the start again are the banned episodes. Specially the Dratini and Tauros episode and the one with Porygon, which are in Japanese. Yeah I know there are epsidoes on the net, but I would like to have Raw episodes, and since I don't live in Japan I can't buy the original version on DVDs or Blu-Ray.
    Safari Zone and the Porygon episode are both Subbed. But the quality of the video is sub par compared to the rest. If you do watch Porygon I'd recommend not setting up close to the screen...

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I remember the first time i seen the first episode 1 Pokemon I Choose You!

The Original Pokemon series was the best and badass classic,but the Diamond and Pearl series is the worst one so far and it suck.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The Orange League and the Johto series were amazing, as well as the DP series too! You should definitely check them out ..

Years
  • Just watch from Indigo League--> Orange Island--> Johto -> Advanced--> DP --> BW
    Ep. guide is elsewhere on the internet

I left pokemon for about 8-9 years. I missed many many episodes from the second half of the Indigo League to DP
    Last year, I decided to watch the missed episode as well as the Movie. Now I'm on ep. 225 , several hundreds ep. to go :D
    (I watch both ENG and Chinese dub version. and sometimes Japanese too.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back