• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to start with National Dex?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    In Ruby, how do I give the player the national dex at the beginning? What part of the script do I need to change, and how should I change it?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Before setting the Pokédex flag, write this code.
    Code:
    writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
    writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
    writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
    writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
    setflag <pokedex flag>

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Before setting the Pokédex flag, write this code.
    Code:
    writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
    writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
    writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
    writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
    setflag <pokedex flag>

What's the point of writebytetooffset? I actually don't know what's that for. So I hope you don't mind me asking and also can you explain it :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    I used this tuturial for mine.I put it in the guy who gives you the potion past pallet. You need xse, FSF and advance map.

Cant post link until 15 post but it was posted by chris2ash. just google it (national dex script). hope that helps

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • What's the point of writebytetooffset? I actually don't know what's that for. So I hope you don't mind me asking and also can you explain it :)

This is what I understood from writebytetooffset, so correct me if I'm wrong:

When you use a Hex Editor of some sort, you will notice that there are alot of bytes. When you use writebytetooffset, what it essentially does is overwrite the byte at the chosen offset with the one in the script. So writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00 will replace the byte at offset 0x2026B00 with 02 I believr. And thus you can have hooks into the strings and bytes found in Hex Editors from simple scripts, allowing you to do some things like start with National Dex. :)

Again, I'm not exactly sure, but I believe that is the logistics of it.

Years
  • wbto changes the byte at the specified RAM offset; the bytes it accesses can't be reached in a Hex Editor because that deals with the ROM (read-only memory; i.e., it can't be changed during gameplay, which is what wbto does), but wbto deals with the RAM.

Back