• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How was Sinnoh "Rushed"?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Sinnoh wasn't rushed some people just don't like it don't know why
    unfortunately no gen has topped Johto yet and HG/SS will make sure they never do plus Johto gave us Scizor by far the coolest Pokemon ever :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

Kanto was the original, like it was on some plains, with a couple of mountains to the North
    Johto was the historical side of pokemon
    Hoenn was the environmental side (Fortree and Sootopolis were awesome)
    Sinnoh was the one with a hill in the middle of it, some climate change, and a lot of nice, grassy scenery.Introduced snow.

So, they were all brilliant that way.

Also, just LOOK at Magmortar.
    I mean, sure, the evolutions all look weird, but IT HAS CANNONS FOR ARMS!!

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    Also, just LOOK at Magmortar.
    I mean, sure, the evolutions all look weird, but IT HAS CANNONS FOR ARMS!!

And Gallade has swords for forearms, Scyther has scyths for arms, Mismagius HAS NO ARMS.... Kingler has that giant-butt claw (although I am aware that it is based off of a real life crab that has ONE. HUGE. CLAW)...

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Sinnoh actually was pretty quick to finish and didn't have that magical feeling I felt when playing , for instance , Sapphire .
    Even though , I must disagree with some people which are like : " W0000 , lOl , ya knowz thta sinho sux bcuz of pokemazn anddd its advantare . whole sucxk manzz !1!" . It's true , Bidoof sucks but Rhypherior is pretty good (and stylish) and so are Glaceon and Leafeon .

The bad part was the adventure . Damn the time and space :( . I was just freakingishly bored after the battle with Palkia ended with the MasterBall . I was like : "Hey Hiroshi , is that ALL ? :/ " .

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I agree they could have left the physics lesson out the whole time space continuum thing
    and yeah I hate Bidoofs and bibarel and Rhydon was my favorite poke right behind Scizor when I found out it could evolve I was overjoyed one of my reasons why I like Sinnoh

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Johto DOES need to be praised. Look at everything it introduced. Also the pokemon, save dunsparce, were all beautifully designed. Sinnoh pokemon couldn't hold a candle to Johto poke's. In fact the pre-evos and evos of previous gens are the only ones that deserve praise. Even the starters were lackluster...

Shut your blastphemous mouth!

Anyways, on-topic, I personally love Sinnoh. What sold it for me was the combination of the Day/Night system from GSC AND The Weather effects from RSE. It really helped flush out the region.

Sinnoh is my second favorite region Behind Johto. And unlike most people, I liked Johto before it was even considered "Cool" to like it.

And I actually like(!) Magmortar and Probopass. Then again, I like ALL of the new Evolutions.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I think it wasn't rushed at all. The music is really well composed to, I mean how many instruments do you have going there? But I dont like the music, it isn't like the intense pokemon music its blah. HG/SS music is coolio though

Sinnoh actually was pretty quick to finish and didn't have that magical feeling I felt when playing , for instance , Sapphire .
    Even though , I must disagree with some people which are like : [S-HIGHLIGHT]" W0000 , lOl , ya knowz thta sinho sux bcuz of pokemazn anddd its advantare . whole sucxk manzz !1!" [/S-HIGHLIGHT]. It's true , Bidoof sucks but Rhypherior is pretty good (and stylish) and so are Glaceon and Leafeon .

The bad part was the adventure . Damn the time and space :( . I was just freakingishly bored after the battle with Palkia ended with the MasterBall . I was like : "Hey Hiroshi , is that ALL ? :/ " .
    HA lol that cracks me up.

sure in pearl/diamond there wasn't much after getting palkia/dialga
    but in platinum there's the battle frontier.

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    To me people shouldn't have had the thought of Sinnoh being rushed. We haven't had a pokemon game since Emerald or Fire Red/Leaf Green. Plus this was the first 3-D pokemon on the DS. People are just ridiculous and need to get over themselves. Plus it was the first one where they added a scary Chateau with actual human ghosts. I do not understand how Sinnoh was rushed. People are very ignorant and hypocritical these days. They themselves should become a game designer and see how to actually rush a game. If you were to say which game was rushed then believe it or not Heart Gold and Soul Silver would have been since it is a better remake with a couple additions and modern DS graphics. The story was already laid out and pokemon designed, all they did was just modify and added some more new stuff to it. So people chill.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I have to sort of push my nostalgia aside when honestly discussing the games. Right now I'm playing through Pearl and enjoying it. I like how different the region can get with the weather (though it helps I'm reading some really good fanfiction as I play through it..) and I've got no problem with the Pokemon. My only thing is...the game doesn't feel like it has that it factor. The towns so far don't feel very complete, in a sense, and I'm having trouble getting sucked into the game. I'm rather ambivalent to Team Galactic at the moment but I'll see how that changes as the game progresses. I honestly have not beaten it yet :P.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    True Sinnoh does have its appeals and all, such as the new preevos and the new evos of old pokemon plus some of the pokemon, but the story and creativity lacked in comparison to the big jumps between the earlier generations. True they use the same basic story for all the pokes but with Team Galactic they took it a bit far and its just got old, and knowing Nintendo they know they took it too far but theyre just trying to rake in the cash by getting the youngsters to play. The actual new pokemon for this generation, minust the new evos for old pokemon, were pretty lackluster for the most part. Sure there are the gems like Garchomp and its line but then again you see Bidoof or the ever compied Starly (bird) line and it seems to get a bit old. The starters were as Ive gauged from many responses the worst from all ages, not only looking bad but really actually being weaker than many of the older ones. And I hate when people use age as a number to gain support for their cause. Age makes no difference. I picked up my first pokemon games at 9 years old, those being Red and Silver, the next one at age 11 with Ruby, and a year later Fire Red. Ive played every Gen there is and within what, five years. When I got Diamond three years later I was kinda dissapointed really. I played it all the way through to find out that it was so easy I did it wiht no trouble, or to find out i got that much better, either one, but the point being that it wasnt the pokemon game it should have been really. I put in a good 300 hours on each game and yet Diamond was the least liked, with the best either being Johto for originality or Hoenn for the pokemon. Nintendo just isn't making games like it used to and its really just aiming to hit the little kids who get hooked on these kind of things I guess.

Back