• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How well do you handle criticism?

Sirfetch’d

I've been working at my grandparent's old business a bit while we look to sell it and naturally I've encountered criticism, both constructive and just regular hurtful criticism. I can't say I take either too well but it's whatever in all honesty. It's just really frustrating when you know that you are doing your job the best you can and still it seems like no one is pleased.

srinator

The best of plans that would potentially save the world with no drawbacks will have people criticising it. Don't pay heed to them, if you are confident in your decision and have gone over it with people you trust for better judgement and you all come to a conclusion, stick to it imo, unless key conditions change.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I don't think I do as well as I should, especially when it comes to writing. It also depends on the type as well. Most people can come off as rude or mean. :/ I know they don't want to, but it just rubs off that way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    I've encountered criticism so much since when I was little that I'm used to it by now. At least that's what I try to say to myself. But there are still words that could eat me up for days. If I know it is the kind of criticism that is meant to build me up, I can take it all in. But the other kinds, there's a limit to that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I can take constructive criticism for the most part unless it's something that I can't agree with. Small example, but if someone told me that they didn't like the way I did my eyeliner, even if they were polite about it, I still wouldn't take that. I think I do my eyeliner fucking fantastically. But overall, I'm always willing to improve, but I'm just not going to listen to something I feel is either incorrect or rude.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I can definitely take criticism as long as it's from somebody I like and it's constructive: I have a tendency to be dismissive of other peoples' criticisms if it's about something that I'm very confident of, probably as a self-defense mechanism or something. but in general, I'm very responsive.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    gimme all yer criticisms, people

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I can take criticism fine but I'll get annoyed if it's criticism without explaining the reasoning for why you feel that way. It's just a weak opinion on your end otherwise.

Bay

Years
    I don't think I do as well as I should, especially when it comes to writing. It also depends on the type as well. Most people can come off as rude or mean. :/ I know they don't want to, but it just rubs off that way.

When I first started writing I was pretty bad at handling criticism, but over the years I've gotten much better at it. As for other stuff, I get hurt more easily, especially when half the criticisms comes from family and friends. Inside a workplace environment I can deal with criticism a little better as I can use that, like writing, as advantage to improve better.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    It depends on the criticism. First of all, if they're rude about it, of course I'm not going to take it well. Second, if I don't feel what I'm being criticized on is valid or that someone is accusing me of something that I didn't do, or accusing me of something that someone else also did or does without talking to them, I will usually not take it too well.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I used to be terrible at receiving criticism, but I think I've gotten a lot better at it. If it's constructive, I'll take in every word and analyze what I'm doing to see if it's something I should, in fact, change. If it's rude, however, I generally take it with a grain of salt.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    I love criticism. If it's justified, then I learn how to improve myself. If it's unjustified, then I just find it hilarious. Sometimes I'll defend myself and correct the critic but usually I'll just laugh.

Years
    I don't take criticism easily, because I take things too seriously and if something negative is directed towards me, I take it literally and it causes me to hate myself and say "what a waste of a person I am". It's a reason behind some of my recent breakdowns, nightmares and self-doubt in myself.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    It depends how the criticism is put across; like if someone's being an asshat about something, then obviously my reaction tends to be negative.

I can handle constructive criticism okay, as long as it has basis. People just saying "yeah, you're doing this wrong" doesn't wash with me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Depend on the criticism, when it comes to assignments, I think about Kill La Killing myself, because in today's society, you're expected to get it right the first time and no second chances, especially if you're not planning to do a sequel.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It literally stings my soul like salt on an open wound, but I usually take it and mull over it because I don't want to be that dumbass you can't explain anything to.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Eh. As long as it's like, constructive and not simply a rude comment I'll take it just fine. I'll also step back if people tell me I'm out of line, because occasionally I can say things without thinking, but that's rare.

Most rude comments I can just brush off, but my respect for you goes down if you throw me one. I'm pretty used to being the worst, the little shit stain of the group, so you really can't go too far wrong unless you're a close friend.

Back