• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] How will you be keeping up?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    So what are you going to do to keep up with the news, speculations, etc? Are you the kind who just like to hear the information Nintendo gives out without much speculation and leave it up to mystery. Or are you the kind to try to analyze anything and everything. Or are you going to absorb the incoming information we'll be getting some other way?

I'm not one for speculating too much on things that are to come. I tend to leave it up to when I get the game. But I am definitely going to be following this more than I did Sun and Moon that's for sure!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'll probably do a combination of casually coming across stuff via Nintendo / PC, and somewhat nonchalantly avoiding spoilers. I definitely want to be caught up on broad strokes like release dates, and I'm always gonna be looking out for new Fairies, but I'm not going to go out of my way to decipher every little detail. Theorizing is still fun though!

Years
  • I'm not much of a speculator personally, and don't usually analyze/think too much about new info. The less I think the more surprised I become when new news drops and it's something I didn't expect ahaa.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I usually don't try and look at spoilers until the game releases. One thing I will be keeping up with is starter evolutions and typings.

Years
  • Throughout the years, I've learned that speculating and discussion what may or may not be in the games is actually kinda fun! Sometimes it can get rather circular, especially when you're kind of in a news slump for a while, but as soon as fresh news is around the corner, it really is kinda fun trying to discuss with everyone what we've just seen and analyze that it could mean for the game(s) and what kind of benefit it would have to have such Pokemon (or features, etc).

So just hearing about news from Nintendo/TPC and figuring it out what it all means is all part of the fun and what keeps me motivated for the games. :>

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • To be fair back 3 years ago I was extremely busy with stuff so I wasnt around for most of the SM reveals, this time round I'm going to try to be around for all the gen8 news.

Years
  • Throughout the years, I've learned that speculating and discussion what may or may not be in the games is actually kinda fun! Sometimes it can get rather circular, especially when you're kind of in a news slump for a while, but as soon as fresh news is around the corner, it really is kinda fun trying to discuss with everyone what we've just seen and analyze that it could mean for the game(s) and what kind of benefit it would have to have such Pokemon (or features, etc).

So just hearing about news from Nintendo/TPC and figuring it out what it all means is all part of the fun and what keeps me motivated for the games. :>

Definitely agree! It's all part of the fun and one of the most exciting times in this franchise.

I'll be keeping up with everything.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I fear I'll get more details than I would like just by chance, but I'm mainly interested in three things: version exclusives, other version-specific things, and linearity of the region - i.e. the three things that more than anything else will decide what I'll buy. I simply don't want to have it all spoiled before release.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • YouTube videos and Serebii. I don't even care about spoilers. I want to know what's gonna be going on in the game before I buy it, tbh.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I look at what is posted on Daily and keep up with Nintendo's official announcements for news. I also tend to watch some PokéTubers' theories and analysis of said news to gain further insight into what I missed. I've never been the type to get offended by spoilers, so I don't mind finding things out ahead of time.

Years
  • I keeping up the updates through BulbaNews, so i am hoping they'll annouced from CoroCoro Magazine and its international news and other related annoucement there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Serebii/TPCi YouTube for official news, and resetera for spec/rumors. I find it's the only forum to have people that use logic when posting and discussion rumors, probably due to them not allowing free emails to register.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • I'd really love to not see any news and be completely surpised by the game. That's because with Gen 7, GF basically gave the whole game away before it came out, icluding like 80-85% of the whole Dex.

But I know that it will be pretty hard to resist myself from it.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I keeping up the updates through BulbaNews, so i am hoping they'll annouced from CoroCoro Magazine and its international news and other related annoucement there.

Speaking of, Serebii said that CoroCoro used some language in their Generation 8 reveal that makes him think they will have some exclusives, so that magazine might become relevant to us again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You should all just pay attention to the Daily articles we'll put out on the news and analysis on stuff thereafter. :V

Back