• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you make your B2/W2 experience unique?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So this was something that was around when B/W was being released, and while I don't remember who thought of it etc, it was still a good thread and I feel it can be good here!

So basically, do you plan to do things differently this time around? You already know Unova, BUT there's a whole new storyline, HOWEVER you've still got the same old Pokemon, BUT the region is enhanced. With that in mind, how will you play the games? Will you go around on a catching spree - enjoying your past generation Pokemon, or will you go as slow as possible, enjoying the changes to the region and storyline? Or will you do something completely different - and go as fast as possible, replaying the games constantly?

In other words, how do you plan to make your experience of B2/W2 a unique one? Disscccuuusss.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I'm gonna play with friends for the first time since Sapphire. I remember how much fun it was meeting up at school and seeing what everyone had caught since the day before. Battling and trading during recess was also great.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Gunna play like I always do and catch what strikes my fancy. I usually catch what I need for a Gym and then go with it until I need to replace it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • What a cheesy thread Nica :P

I don't think I'll be doing anything different since I talk to every character and walk on almost every tile in the game. However, if I notice people with the game in my school, I'll try and play along with them. First time doing so. Only had the one friend to play with before.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • For the first time in a long time, since Gen III I guess, I'm going to play my first play through without any kind of game guide. Usually I when I start a game I know where all the pokemon are, and which ones I'm going to choose.

Years
  • I will make my B2/W2 experience unique by catching every Pokemon I see.

And with the past gen Pokemon involved, it makes it even more exciting!

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    Ill take things slow........real slow I hardly member even playing Black so with this new story Ill take things into consideration more. Although I think the game comes out too fast or dosen't have enough material

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm gonna play with friends for the first time since Sapphire. I remember how much fun it was meeting up at school and seeing what everyone had caught since the day before. Battling and trading during recess was also great.
    My best friend had Pokémon Emerald while my brother had Ruby and I had Sapphire! Her brother and her would always come over to my house everyday, we'd make a camp with chairs and blankets and play all day! GREAT TIMES.

While I can't really do that anymore, I have planned several ways to enjoy these games and make the experience unique.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    I love photography, and so I'm going to take pictures of the best moments within the game. I'd make a scrapbook but that's kind of cheesy. :[

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Post in this forum about my adventures! Surely there will be a travel journal, and I will definitely keep you all up to date with my journey.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Post in this forum overall. I'm one to take part in lots of activity with new Pokémon games that come, and it will be wonderful to discuss the greatness of these games in all of the great threads we will have. & Already do!

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Chat about B2W2 with my friends, duh! Not too unique, but still keeps me motivated with the games.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    I've seen all of these Pokémon many times before. Even though I'm not too big on nicknaming my Pokémon, perhaps I'll try nicknaming the ones on my team. Plus it seems fun! \o/

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Set up my team more strategically. Because it's in-game, I never really care for items that are useful in battles nor do I pick the best moves too much, but I will try to give my Pokémon more amazing movesets and have them hold items this time.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Embrace every moment in the game. I've always been one to talk to every character in the game, but sometimes I slack off. This time I will focus on what every character says very well (except the generic "Wow! You can use the B button to run faster, ain't that nifty???".

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Catch every Pokémon obtainable in each route. Gotta catch 'em all for once!

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Make lots and lots of graphics of different characters/Pokémon art from the games. :3

pokeball_gray.jpg
    To change what I usually do, for once I'm not going to fully plan out my team before the games are released. I might just catch the ones I'm interested in training for the E4 as I go along.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    For once I'm going to make my own collaboration with friends and we'll go around sportin' the forum with B2W2 themes. :B

& Tons more, but perhaps I'll post it all later! I think this enough to share with you all for now. Besides, I might think of more things I might do when we get more information, and when the games are actually here.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    If they finally have the "Skill Link" Ability for Minccino I will possibly try to beat the entire game with one EV trained Cinccino! And I also will raise Oshawatt to Lv. 100 and not evolve him. :D

I'm gonna play with friends for the first time since Sapphire. I remember how much fun it was meeting up at school and seeing what everyone had caught since the day before. Battling and trading during recess was also great.

Brings back alot of great memories, I think alot of us used to do that as kids. One time though, a kid got his Gameboy taken away with my Gold Version in it.. Didn't get to retrieve it until the end of the school year, lame rules we had.

Years
  • I dunno. I usually get to that when I sit down to play it.

I DO know that I'm going to be nicknaming my Pokemon, which I don't do very often. I did it in Black before I got rid of it, I started to do it in White, and then once they revealed the new characters I decided that they would be more likely to nickname their Pokemon than Hilbert/Hilda, so I stopped-that and I didn't want to have to come up with new names for the same Pokemon >>;

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm definitely going to take the game nice and slow this time. There's a big difference between knowing everything about the game and actually playing it for yourself. I'm excited to play. I think this time around I will actually use my starter (didn't first time I played White), and actually just catch Pokemon during the game, instead of planning out an actual team like I ALWAYS DO.

Eternal Darkness

Master of Tartarus
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    Going to take it easy, not going to bring in any old Pokemon to help me out from Pokemon Black either, since this is an entirely new story instead of an updated version of the original.

Also going to continue my grand tradition of naming everything in my party avatar a character from another work.

Last edited:

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I'm going to play this game like all the other past Pokemon games. Catch every Pokemon in the area then leave the route (no matter how hard or rare they are to capture) and explore every hidden area (and go back for them when you get surf, cut, strength, etc.) ... So yeah, leave no stone unturned I guess.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Ill probably use pokemon I have never used, especially the ones I have never caught in my lifetime. I'm sick of using strong pokemon and just smashing my way through Gym leaders, its too easy and not very satisfying. Using weaker pokemon will help me develop strategies in defeating my opponents. It will also make the game challenging for me.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Since I don't care for any of the starters this go around I think I will disregard all of them upon being able to trade which I have not done in the past. Then I will probably start off with my Victini from Liberty Garden as a starter. Or use Riolu or Larvitar depending on how early they are in the game.

Other then that I will probably do the same as usual, and take the game in slowly and enjoy the changes made. Then with my other version I will alter the teams and play around a bit more like a challenge.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    This time, I'm going to catch them all! Or try :3

i__m_gonna_catch_them_all_by_smoshyart-d4td44q.jpg

(Smosh reference)

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I think I'm actually going to play with a full team, for once. I usually end up only training about three, probably so I can get through the game just a bit quicker. I'll likely ditch the starter too, since I don't find the idea of playing with the same ones again too appealing. I may also attempt to play things a bit more strategically, usually I just sort of power through.

Back