• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you make your B2/W2 experience unique?

blue

gucci
Years
  • Good question! This time I will actually explore every possible area to experience the game as a whole and try and make it feel different to Black & White, I will also take advantage of the wild Pokémon by adding a mixture of regional Pokémon to my team rather than purely Unova based.

Years
  • I've never done a challenge before so I'm thinking maybe I'll do a modified nuzlocke challenge in that I'll only use the first pokemon from every new area, but I won't limit myself to only catching those or stopping using a pokemon just because it faints. I dunno. Maybe I'll come across a better challenge that interests me more, but I think having my first experience on these games be harder would be fun.

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
    Years
  • I haven't taken my time to catch all (or most) of the pokemon in a Pokemon game since Gen II. Usually at the start of each new gen I'll catch a lot, but never to get them "all." I think I'll do that this time just for the heck of it. No more first shot speed runs for this guy.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I've gone through enough trouble in BW in raising a team slowly! So what I do is to transfer my new team to the BW I have know, EV Train and raise them to a high enough level then transfer them back.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • I'll play 'em like all of my other games: going around as slow as possible, talking to every NPC, searching every nook and cranny, grinding my Pokés, and squeezing out every drop of fun-juice as I can.

I usually catch every Pokémon I encounter to fill up my Pokédex. It makes it a lot easier if I want to make a random Pokémon part of my team, and I nickname every single one of them so that their mine!

And that, my friends, is a truly nerdy way to play Pokémon.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • Train a Pseudo-legendary before the E4, other than Gible in Platinum, I've never done that.

Name ALL the Pokémon. All of them.

Catch every Pokémon I see.

Assuming there will be Pokémon from all the Generations, I'll probably try to use a team consisting of one Pokémon from each Gen. (Plus an HM slave)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im going to catch as many Pokemon as I can and use different Pokemon for each Gym, I think that will be fun. Also Im going to see how fast I can beat the game, just for curiosity

Years
  • i will be taking notes...

i know this sounds weird but i think ive enter an extremely reflective part of my life. i have been taking some(very few) notes on my play throughs of almost all previous games and its helped me see the progression of not only the way gamefreak makes new pokemon but also how they portray certain elements of the "balance" they implement in their strategy of building a fun experience.

i whole heartedly believe this game will be set apart from other because it "BUILDS" on a previous story. where as previous games just try to rewrite history so to speak.

B2W2 will be aaaamazing.
    understatement. but yes epic would be a euphemism. :)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I don't really have to do anything special to make my experience unique as they are brand new games, so I'll just try not to spoil the game before I actually play it.

Years
  • I've seen this thread title a fair bit and have been trying to think HOW I can make it unique. The more I think, the more I'm considering not using my Starter in my first playthrough. So far I'm delighted with the non-Unova Pokemon they've revealed that have been added to the Unova Dex, and I'm finding it too hard not to choose something that'll have the same type as the starter I'm planning to pick. So while I've never NOT played with my starter before, I may well do it while playing through White 2 for the first time.

Years
  • Actually, what I'm doing during my current BlazeBlack playthrough - I just catch each pokémon that I really consider one my favourites, and after each gym I'll adjust my team so that it will be strong against the next gym, so hopefully all pokémon get some use.

Kinda like Ash did/does in the series.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think what I'm doing is unique in any way, but basically I'll be avoiding as much spoilers as possible. The only bit of information I wanted to see was the stuff that was revealed from the first CoroCoro scans, and I haven't seen anything since. I'll admit it's immensely challenging, but it's also rewarding and makes for a much better experience.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I was considering trying to avoid news and such about the games' plot in the hopes of something surprising me once I play it, but I highly doubt that I'll be able to do that until the English release. Considering that I already changed up the way I played in BW (not using the starter, for example), I'm not really sure how I'll play BW2 any differently.

I was thinking of doing a challenge for my first playthrough, though I'm not quite sure exactly what challenge I'd like to attempt. Perhaps I'll just try going slower, actually talk to all the NPCs and go to all the buildings and new optional routes/caves as they become available instead of just rushing through the story. I may also give the "catch everything before moving forward" rule another shot after my failed attempt at doing so in BW.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    I think i'm just going to play to B2/W2 just like i played to B/W. I don't know what i could change, maybe train a little bit more my team ! :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    .. maybe I'll mix things up and actually try to use my starter in B/W 2. I actually ditched my starter in both playthroughs of my White because I just don't find the Unova starters very appealing to me. But if I choose to ditch it again I suppose the only unique thing I'll be doing is.. well.. nothing I can think of. Other than choosing Pokemon I've never fought with before I guess.

Years
  • I don't really have a 'game plan' when I get my hands on the game. Normally with a new Pokemon game, I just play it as I see it and then, when I have my hands on it, I will decide a plan.​

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I will play Black 2 and White 2 (Although I expect to only get Black, first and get white later on in the very future) pretty much the same way as Black and White. I will trade up and get the Pokemon I want to train and play through with, wither if it's breeding or capturing them on my own as well, I like playing with a certain party all the way from the beginning (When the time is ASAP) to the end! But I will most likely be doing a little more exploring than I did with Black and White. Specifically because I'm pretty sure there will be more than Unova than meets the eye in Black/White 2.

With that being said, I so hope Elesa will be there again! Gym Leader or not. That's the only thing I have a goal of actually hoping to come across in this game. The rest? I expect surprises.

Back