• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Will You Start Your Journey?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are getting closer and closer, and I am so freaking excited to get and play them! :3

But I'm wondering on how will you pipz start your journeys. Will you trade yourself IV'ed and EV'ed 'mons to make your journeys easier? Will you use the shiny Beldum the moment you get it? Or will you just settle with the starter 'mons and beat the game without any outside help?

This is just my opinion by the way, but for me, I'm going to just play the game without trading with anyone. That way, I can fully have fun playing the game. :3
    I'm also just going to put the shiny Beldum in the PC, 'cause I think having that floating piece of metal will make the game easier. :P

...unless Wonder Trade exist, then I dunno if I can ignore the temptation. xD

Lauren92

#pokemonforlife
    Years
  • I usually play one copy using the Pokemon I catch during the game, and the other using Pokemon I traded over. I'll play through Sapphire first (since that was my game back when :P) and try to catch the same Pokemon I used in that game originally :P For Ruby, I'll probably use a team of Pokemon I've been wanting to play with, but never gotten around to it before. Pokemon I have always wanted on a team but haven't done it yet. That's kinda always how I play lol

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I think what I'm going to do is pick Treeko for my starter, because of the Mega's typing. Then, I'm going to somehow get my Shiny Absol, Exitus, over there as early as I possibly can. Been waiting for these games to come out so I can finally kick major butt with him!

I MIGHT bring over a Bagon too, if I can do that. But I'm using one in Y, so I might wait until my second run in the region.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
    Years
  • I'm probably just going to catch a fresh bit of pokemon for my journey. There are some pokemon I would like to try out for my competitive team for ORAS. I will get Sapphire first, as that as the first game I got from the R/S/E Series.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I'll be trading over a team I made in X all at level one. I'm not really a huge fan of the selection of Pokemon available at the start of the original games

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Super excited for these games!

I'll definitely take my time for these games, exploring every city, building and pretty much every area available. Even though we've already experienced Hoenn, it's sorta like a completely new Region being so revamped and in 3D of course.

From the screenshots we've seen so far, I'm really looking forward to re-exploring Hoenn with it being a beautiful Region and what not.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Like a lot of people have said, I'm just going to play the game vanilla style. No trading, only using the 'mons I catch, etc. I will be using my shiny Beldum as soon as I get the chance, though.

Speaking of which, living in Australia, am I eligible for the shiny Beldum? I really, reaaaally hope my region doesn't screw me out of it. :(

Years
  • I'll probably play through the main story without transferring any Pokemon from my other games, it'll make the game too easy. I want a challenge, not rush through the game with a team of lvl 100s.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll trade over a bunch of stuff I bred in X/Y to OR/AS and not use them until the post-game in the Battle Tower/Frontier. In other words, I'll be playing normally.

Years
  • I can't even connect to the internet with my 3DS, DON'T ASK ME WHY, I just can't, so I'll have to play through the games normally, which is what I've always done. I find catching stuff more enjoyable than trading for stuff.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • So excited for the games....

I know on my fist play through, I will mainly be using my favorite Pokemon - 4 out of the 6 Pokemon I will probably trade over from my Y game (including 2 shinies)

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'll play through using Pokemon from in-game! I'm looking forward to finding all my Hoenn favourites in glorious 3D.

I'll probably play through a second copy with Pokemon traded in from X/Y.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Going to go what I always do whenever I play my first playthrough of a new region/set/whatever and play through it normally. I don't know whether or not I'll use my old team or build a brand new team yet but I'll figure that out when I get the game. I think I might and just tweak it a bit like using Pikachu instead of Raichu I mean--

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Playing with the starters and using Pokemon in game is the way I've played most, if not all my Pokmeon games, and I don't thinking it's going to change in ORAS. I'll probably go with Mudkip, since Mega Swampert seems to have a really nice design in my opinion, but I'll probably save the Beldum, if I get it, for later for EV breeding and all that nice stuff.

There's really nothing to that you can do for competitive purposes without finishing the main storyline and have access to all the areas and whatnot, and I would love to explore the games without any form of "a stress" and just soak myself in the wonderfulness of ORAS. ;)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'll just play ORAS like I play all Pokemon games - start off with my starter and catch and train Pokemon along the way. I don't have access to the shiny Beldum and I can't trade, so that's out of the question.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm considering trading over a Drifloon just to try it out on my team, otherwise I'm just going to catch my team in-game.

Back