• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Will You Start Your Journey?

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
  • I'll do a Nuzlocke Challenge. It's been a while, and it makes the game more challenging. I'll probably pick Treecko though, since I just bred a perfect Swampert. And other than that, I'll do my best... I hope I won't lose it at some point..

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2014
    I can't wait for Ruby but like most people i wont trade anything, feels better going through the game that way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    I'm going to play the game normally and level up everybody that I want to in order to complete the game at my own pace. As for completing the pokedex, I have a whole living pokedex of all 718 pokemon, so eventually when I beat the story, I'm going to transfer all the pokemon over to ORAS to get another nifty Gamefreak pokedex completion letter, then transfer all my pokes back to X along with Diancie =)

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I'll go through like I always do with new games; keep my starter all the way, and catch Pokémon that I think would be interesting to use. I also try to use Pokémon that I haven't used before if I can.

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    Speed play through like I do with every new pokemon game I get. I don't worry about EVs, IVs, or how low leveled my team is. I get to the end then worry about what I am going to do next after finishing the post-game.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I'll play it like Ash did in Hoenn, by not transfering any pokemon over until I wrap up the Pokemon League. :P And if there's a Battle Frontier, I'll use pokemon obtained from other games.

I'll just use Mudkip. I considered also using a Torchic side-by-side because its the only Hoenn fire type I like, but decided that the whole "reset for multiple starters" thing will never be my thing. I definitely will not be using the shiny Beldum. I might try to trade with someone for a Zangoose because I'll be playing Alpha Sapphire, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    The idea of playing Sapphire and Alpha Sapphire at the same time has been floating around in my head for a while. I'm not sure if I'll do it yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I'm probably going to do a regular play through with the starter being my mega and the shiny beldum not mega evolving, then doing a wonderlocke in the next play through of it.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • i never got to play through the original game, so i might just go through like how i normally will with pokemon games, using my starter and training new pokemon along the way. there's some pokemon from that region i've been wanting to try out too. and maybe that shiny beldum might stay in the box for now till i can ev train it.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • I have felt that I played the original way too fast, so I will take my time to enjoy the beauty of the scenery in 3D.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    ill be playing like i do every other game, play through one game with only the games dex, the other with traded ones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll likely be starting off my journey like I always do--as a new player. Or adventurer, if you will. Meaning, I'll be starting off with a starter Pokémon, catching anything I'm able to find, train, evolve, and try building a team off them while still travelling from place-to-place, defeating Gym Leaders and bad guys.

I will be transferring some of my Pokémon from Y version at some point, but that will be after I'm done playing through story-line and post-game. Would need them, mainly due to battling online and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    idk I still haven't decided between torchic or treecko yet... I'm kind of waiting till the last possible week before the game comes out so I have all the information I need to create the team I'll be happy with most.

I may use the gts to get some Pokemon I want if I really need to, but I don't plan on trading anything over from other games.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
    Years
  • idk I still haven't decided between torchic or treecko yet... I'm kind of waiting till the last possible week before the game comes out so I have all the information I need to create the team I'll be happy with most.

If you are deciding between the two, pick the one you don't want. Chances are, those two will be highly picked among other trainers, and so then you can just trade for the starters you actually want. But, it is only a suggestion.

My normal style of play usually revolves around just catching the first thing that moves and seeing how far I make it that way first. The technique and style comes in after I feel safe with saying that the game is harder than X/Y

Back