• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you change the English language?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Well. A complete reformation. Wait...

No, I've changed my mind. Just use Christopher Paolini's Ancient Language instead. It sounds so lovely <3

Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
    May luck and happyness follow you and may you be shielded from misfortune.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would remove the words "smell", "smelliest" and "smelly" from the English language.

They are the worst words in the language. Ever. I hate them. That's all I'd do tbh, everything else is fine. :)

Years
    I changed my mind. There's nothing to change on the English language. I would just like to remove something. What I want to remove is SWEARS!!!

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    The letter C has really got to go. What's the point of it, for most of the sounds it makes we can just use K. For the soft C we can just use S. C is kind of a pointless letter.

You need it for ch words though like cha cha cha.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    To be honest, I wouldn't want to change the English language, it's worked all this time has it not? If a person wants to learn it, they should take the time and effort to learn it even if it's difficult they will eventually get used to it. It's the same if we want to learn another language, that's the fun of learning another language!

Happy Pikachu!

smiles go for miles
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2010
    I wouldn't, really. It's my second language and although I still have problems knowing words and getting grammar right at times, it's such a nice flowing language with lots of variety and expressions. I often find myself thinking in English.

Maybe if some ugly dialects went away... ;p there are some american dialects I really don't like. No offense ^^

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
    I don't think that there is anything I would change. Most of the sounds are easy to pronounce and I think that if it wasn;t my first language, it would be relatively easy to pick up. Then again, what do I know

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I would change nothing about english language, because I think its fine the way it is.
    It was created like this for a reason

Back