• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you feel if gamefreak said that they will not make anymore pokemon games?

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I would be sad, but still there are hacks and games created by fans to look forward too.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • That would be melancholic. If that would happen, then I'd stick with the movie. It would be bad if Pokemon will only just be a history in our childhood.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Yeay?
    Or not XD
    Idk, apart of me thinks its about time but dont we all just love the games even with weird gigantic nose like monster aka Nosepass...

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    If Gamefreak stopped making Pokémon games, Nintendo would step in in any way they could to make/contract someone to make the next one. But, Gamefreak won't stop until it stops making money, and if it stops making money Nintendo wouldn't produce subsequent games, right?

Anyway, the only hypothetical scenario where Gamefreak doesn't care about Pokémon is when we, the players, don't care about pokémon. So the answer is, we shrug our shoulders and walk away.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been mentally preparing myself for that for at least the last three years of my life.
    At some point I remember thinking, "It'll probably end after D/P.." D: but now I know, because of some interviews, that they plan to keep it going for generations to come. I really hope they stick to that. Maybe not for 10 more years, but at least for a few more. I have a feeling that the next generation will be the last, but if it's not.. Yay~! <3 If they ever did say that they're stopping all things Pokemon, I'd probably cry regardless of the fact that I'm prepared for it. xD I've liked Pokemon for most of life now, and hearing that it's stopping is something I wouldn't want to hear. But I'd keep on being a fan.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I'd only be crying because that would mean the anime had to end.

Game-wise, I'd just devote more time to Zelda. Although as technology in games would improve, I'd wonder sometimes what a Pokemon game would be like in updated technology, provided the no more Pokemon games would mean NO MORE GAMES and not just no more traditional games. Come to think of it, if GF stopped coming out with new Pokemon, would there still be spinoffs?

Lee Jin Tyz

TWIZZLE TYZ my nick is live
    Years
  • lol we all need more hoobies. i wouldnt be that upset though because then i would be outside more rather then inside laying on my bed and staring at a tiny little screen.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • I would proabably cry a little because that would mean the series that defined 70% of my childhood had oficially ended.

Heh. For me it defined 5/13ths of my childhood and almost all of my adolescence.

I would be a little upset, but all good things come to an end sometime.

Its like what Robert Frost says:

Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OMG!!!IF THAT HAPPENED I WOULD BE BALLING MY EYES OUT!GAMEFREAK HAD BETTER HIDE COS IF THEY DO END UP DOING THAT I WILL KILL THEM 1 BY 1...or just make a preety convincing argumant!

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Although I know that everything has an end, I would be really disappointed. I've got so used to them.. God, I don't wanna think about this, it's giving me a headache!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I wouldn't really care. It'd suck, but I wouldn't cry over it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd start wondering if other repetitive things like Mario and Zelda will soon fall apart thereafter.

To be hoenst I'd be glad for such occurances, it'd open up the space for replacements.

Last edited:
    Back