• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you feel...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    if people found out that you actively spend your time here?

Years
    I'd probably try and explain what this place is really like once you spend time here and end up making it sound a lot worse than it actually looks. Then I'd be all embarrassed for a while and then think "screw them this place is awesome" and be proud that my pass time is spending ours on a Pokemon forum.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Some people actually do (kind of) know that I frequent a forum. If the average person find out, chances are I'll end up ignoring them if they try to start crap with me about it. It's what I do, and I'm not going to listen to anyone that will belittle be over it. It would be a great time for my apathy for things to take over to put it simply. ♥

Buuut, if they don't mind it or even like Pokemon themselves, then I would take the opportunity to hopefully connect with the person more. If not connect, then at least they won't try to harass me about it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have no problem with people knowing it. I've mentioned it myself in conversations in the past to people that didn't know that I spent time on a forum like this.

Years
    Lmao since when do I care about what the general public thinks of me? If I told a friend I actively spent my time on here and that person ridiculed me, I would feel a bit offended. But if it's someone not so close to me, then I wouldn't care so much.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I'd be like "It's really fun. You have a problem with that?" xD The only even slightly embarrassing thing would be that it is a Pokemon fan site, but even then I'm like, yeah so? I like Pokemon. Big whoop. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd just tell em "AHA! I TOLD YOU I COULD FIND PEOPLE CRAZIER THAN ME!!!" and then they give me 30 bucks as part of the arrangement which I shall spend on Golden Grams and Pot Brownies.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    Everybody I'm close to knows that I spend time here, and has likely also heard that I was on staff. It might have just been a passing comment in some conversation, but they've heard it before. Some of them actively bring up PC to me, so.. xD;

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I wouldnt care, if they dont like that, its their problem not mine. My parents know I spend time on forums and are fine with it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My friends know I spend my time here and they doesn't laugh at me, they're just fine with that. And if someone asks me why I'm here, I have a lot off stuff to do.

Ayselipera

I don't make a mention of it at all just because it's not even worth telling anyone. If someone were to find out I'd probably put it off as more of a social chatting website about anything than a forum based around Pokemon. I just don't want to deal with constant jokes even if they are just friendly jokes.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
    I wouldn't care at all... People see me on here anyway. I don't see what's so bad about spending time on a Pokemon forum. Why are all of you so fearful?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I wouldn't particularly care about people knowing I spend my time here... except that the people in my life are nosy and literally have no idea how to mind their own business. So if they ever found out, I'd be scared that they'd spend their time here trying to find me... which wouldn't be too difficult if they took a little poke around. I don't want them here, this is my personal place.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    One of my classmates and my mom know that I frequent PC. Honestly, I don't really mind that as long as my mom trusts me to spend my Internet time responsibly

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Some people already know and I really don't care. In fact, I even referred one my friends here, not that he uses his account anyway. I don't really hide the fact that I'm still into Pokémon, after all.

Years
    I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, if they knew about it, I could start talking to them about it!

I don't discuss PC offline in general, not because I'm embarrassed, but because it's not relevant to those people. They don't like Pokemon, and as far as I know, they're not big into forums. Therefore, why babble about something they don't care about?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I wouldn't give a crap. The only one whos opinion matters is my fiance's and she's on here with me. Plus I'd openly admit my love of Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd find it really awkward. People know, I just kinda like to deny it since I'm not ashamed of the forum, but the fact that it's a POKEMON forum. I'm sure people in various places have seen me accessing PC though, oh well. ;x

Back