• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you fix your favorite game?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Still your favorite, or used to be your favorite, but you can see the flaw it has. For example, I really like Pokemon X & Y a lot, but I noticed the game is too easy if I enable the Exp Share, but I still want to use Exp Share to train many Pokemon at the same time. So I would change how Exp Share works in X & Y, maybe revert it to how Exp Share worked in Gen 5, or maybe reduce the experience gained when opposing Pokemon faints, like 70% for all Pokemon participated in the battle, and 35% for all Pokemon that didn't participate in the battle.

So how about you? How would you fix your favorite game?

Sorry for bad grammar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Sword & Shield

1. Add the GTS in the actual games.
    2. Increase the roster of the regional PokéDex. I would personally add Venomoth, Donphan, Magnezone, Minior, Lilligant, Gliscor, Purugly, Dragonite, Kingdra, Garchomp, Metagross, and Salamence in the roster.
    3. Have Oleana, Bede, and Marnie play much larger roles in the story.
    4. Show Leon's heroism, delve more into his past relationship with Sonia, as well as show Rose's findings, discovery and use of Eternatus' Egg onscreen.
    5. Have older characters like Lance, Lillie, Iris, Wikstrom, Anabel, and Looker return.
    6. Keep Pursuit, Heal Order and Hidden Power as usable moves.
    7. Give G-Max forms to Tyranitar, Steelix, Milotic, Frosmoth, Sirfetch'd, Cursola, and Malamar.
    8. Have a secret fourth Legendary Pokémon in Galar to find after beating Sordward and Shielbert.
    9. Hire more animators and graphics designers to iron out the game's graphics.
    10. Add the option to switch off the Exp. Share.

pkmin3033

I'd bring it to the Nintendo Switch as-is with XY's online functionality. Job done.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'd make Pokemon from outside the Hoenn Pokedex more easily accessible. Emerald did try, but there's still many Pokemon that are missing. I would also make the rival character actually evolve their starter to its final stage. The fact they didn't is actually really annoying. I'd also make it so you could at least be able to see the remaining starter in your Pokedex. Did you know that Hoenn is one of the few main series games where you can't see all the starters without trading in your Pokedex? Well, you can't see Venasaur in R/B/Y if you don't pick Squirtle, but, the starter that's weak to yours? You'll never get to see it in your Hoenn playthrough at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I'd make Pokemon from outside the Hoenn Pokedex more easily accessible. Emerald did try, but there's still many Pokemon that are missing. I would also make the rival character actually evolve their starter to its final stage. The fact they didn't is actually really annoying. I'd also make it so you could at least be able to see the remaining starter in your Pokedex. Did you know that Hoenn is one of the few main series games where you can't see all the starters without trading in your Pokedex? Well, you can't see Venasaur in R/B/Y if you don't pick Squirtle, but, the starter that's weak to yours? You'll never get to see it in your Hoenn playthrough at all.

Damn, you listed nearly everything I'd change. >.>
    I'd also make Team Aqua/Magma Pokemon more diverse, adding Pokemon like Aron, Baltoy and Vulpix for Magma and Chinchou, Spheal and Staryu for Aqua.

Years
  • Damn, you listed nearly everything I'd change. >.>
    I'd also make Team Aqua/Magma Pokemon more diverse, adding Pokemon like Aron, Baltoy and Vulpix for Magma and Chinchou, Spheal and Staryu for Aqua.

Aww, but then there won't be any space left for their 87 Poochyenas!

Well, at least Platinum fixed the surfing speed! But yes, everything else definitely needs to sped up in D/P/PT.

You haven't truly tested your patience until you OHKO a Blissey in DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

In order of importance:
    1-Add breeding mechanics. They offer so many customization possibilities, they were sorely missed.
    2-Less Shadow Pokémon (so they feel more special), more Wild Pokémon (maybe even found outside of the Poké Spots?)
    3-More reasons to revisit one-time locations (The S.S Libra, Kaminko's Mansion, etc.) Maybe add wild Pokémon, or battle facilities...
    4-Allow joinable characters to fight alongside you, turning Double Battles into Multi Battles. Characters like Gonzap or Justy could join you as well.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I'll do my other favourite games when I have time.

BW2:

- The Join avenue. ENOUGH of the "I want to go there, y'know, there!" stuff. I think your supposed to send them to basically the shop they are the closest to but it's just... urgh. Please, be specific.

- Better protagonists. If not, protagonists with better hairstyles.

- Make the parts similar to the original stand out a bit.

- You can unlock challenging regional gyms in the PWT STRAIGHTAWAY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    I'm not sure which one is my absolute favorite but here are a few of them:

Fire Red & Leaf Green
    - A few more new places in Kanto, inspired from the season 1 of the anime (Pokémopolis, Porta Vista, and Neon Town come to mind)
    - An even more extended post-game. I absolutely loved the Sevii Islands but I feel like it was a great but underexploited idea. It could have been even better, I think. I'm not sure how, though. Perhaps a more extended story and a Battle Frontier facility in each island.
    - Navel Rock (the Lugia & Ho-oh island) accessible without an event. I understand Deoxys being an event pokémon at the time, but Lugia & Ho-oh... Why?! The only way to obtain them in gen III without an event or action replay was to transfer them from XD & Colosseum, respectively. That made no sense, they were catchable normally in gen II and every other generation after gen III.
    - An event where you could actually catch Mew under the truck! :p

Emerald
    - Yeah, no, this one is perfect. I'm sure there could have been some improvements, but right now I can't think of any off the top of my head ^^ Maybe a few gen I/II legendaries in the post-game.

Heart Gold & Soul Silver
    - Fix the TERRIBLE Johto level curve.
    - More new places. Not even necessarily islands like in FR/LF, maybe a sort of new mini-region with 3 or 4 more new badges and high-level trainers.

Platinum
    - Like Emerald, off the top of my head I can't think of any. Maybe getting a starter or two from previous generations in the post-game (like in Emerald, X/Y, and OR/AS)

X & Y
    - Fix the exp share. I pretty much agree with LatiasSoulDew.
    - More new pokémon.
    - More post-game, it was virtually non-existent in these games.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
    - A modernized version of the Emerald Battle Frontier, obviously.
    - A more creative way to catch each of the legendaries in the post-game, it was WAY too repetitive.

(yes, essentially, most of my criticisms are basically: I WANT MORE POST-GAME! ^^)

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Explorers of Sky
    Do what they've done with the last two games, and don't force you to play as a certain Pokemon depending on how you did in the personality quiz.
    Also, get rid of Team Skull.

Platinum
    Have a few more extra places to explore, either before or after the game, to increase the benefit of getting the game when you already have Diamond and/or Pearl.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal
    - Bring back the missing Kanto locations.
    - Allow gym leaders to be rematched.
    - Make evolution stones purchasable in the department stores like in Gen 1.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    - Starly and Bidoof lines found in less routes.

HeartGold/SoulSilver
    - Change it so that you don't have to wait a certain number of days for certain Pokemon to appear in the Safari Zone.
    - Allow any trainer to be rematched like in the Hoenn games.
    - Include the Pokeradar.

X/Y
    - More post-game locations.
    - Make the Pangoro hat available for both genders.

Sword/Shield
    - Make plaid trousers available for both genders. Or better yet, make all clothes and hairstyles available for both genders like in Animal Crossing.

Years
  • my favorites are emerald and unova games. now, for me they're perfect hehe but I think a few tiny bits of improvement can still be made. its annoying to find good water pokemon in emerald. yes, there's wailord, and sharpedo etc. but you find them so late in the game. its so annoying to grind late in the game. they could've spread the encounter locations for water pokemon instead of just spamming tentacool and wingull.

as for the unova games, they're perfect for the first one, I think I had a hard time training some pokemon and catching fire types. I remember catching litwick and dusk stone wasn't available that early (i think its available by the fifth or seventh badge), such a task to bring it to battle since it almost always faint

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen today
    Pokémon Colosseum:

-More of backstory in why Wess betrayed Team Snagem
    -More variety in Shadow Pokémon. Including changing some of them for consistency sake, like Delibird, Ledian and Sunflora
    -More locations to visit
    -Some actually useful gift Pokémon who the hell uses Plusle lmao

Pokémon XD:

-Kinda want to know what happened to the rest of the first Cipher aside from Miror B.
    -Also want to know what happened to Wess and Rui, like Eagun is somehow still alive but the main protagonists from Colosseum are nowhere to be seen
    -More variety in Wild Pokémon, but honestly they aren't that bad.
    -The Under
    -Better character design
    -Being able to purify Pokémon in the Purify Chamber without necessarily having to return to the Pokémon HQ
    -Better OST. It's not bad, but I liked Colosseum's OST more with a few exceptions.

Last edited:
    Back