• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you travel if you would be a pokemon trainer?

Years

Do you ever imagine traveling with your pokemon? I have, a lot of times. It's a one thing I allways wanted. For pokemon to be true. So I and my friends would get our first one and then travel together, fighting gym leaders or just other pokemon trainers we would meet on our road to becoming better. And you? Would you also travel with your friends or alone maybe? On foot or another way? would you travel the world or maybe just your country? What would you wish or expect from your journy? To just have a good time or maybe to meet new friends, learn new things, see the world?

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    Upon getting my Starter I thrust myself in the wonderful world of Pokémon, battling wild Pokémon and if I could I capture them though I probably couldn't capture to many as I wouldn't have that much money for Poké Balls to be realistic. So I take my 5 or so Pokémon and challenge my first Gym, if I won I do something special for my Pokémon who helped get me the win course any of my Pokémon that I didn't use I still include because I hate to make them feel left out. If I lost I take them and tell them they'll do better next time and tell them "We are gonna show them what we can do" then we train until we eventually get our first Badge then we party.

After the festivities were over I continue on my journey catching, raising and battling. And I always show my Pokémon my gratitude for all there hard work and the wins they gave me. As I journey if a Trainer challenged me I battle them because I don't back down from a challenge and upon getting all the Badges for a Region I go to that Regions Tournament but just before I take a period of time to train all my Pokémon to toughen them up before the big Tournament. I then register and enter the Tournament and the night before I say to my selected Team or maybe just all my Pokémon "We are gonna win and if we cant we will show them are best and no matter what happens I will be proud of all of you"

For every match I won I like my Gym battles I celebrate and thank my Pokémon and if we won the Tournament that be awesome and after the uber party back home with friends & family I let them all take a nice long break maybe taking some along to the next Region and continuing my journey to become a Pokémon Master.

If I met people and befriended them on my journey the likelihood of me traveling with them is good but if I had to depart to continue the road to become Pokémon Master I probably would. But I eventually meet up with them again.

So much love dovey stuff I know. :P
    But hey I treat all my Pokémon the way they should be, which is loved and cared for as much as possible.

Oh and I travel on foot mainly, occasionally using my Pokémon like to get up to a high cliff or over a river or something of that nature as well as to travel to islands. But when going to a Region far away I use a plane or a boat to get there.

Last edited:

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years

Do you ever imagine traveling with your pokemon? I have, a lot of times. It's a one thing I allways wanted. For pokemon to be true. So I and my friends would get our first one and then travel together, fighting gym leaders or just other pokemon trainers we would meet on our road to becoming better. And you? Would you also travel with your friends or alone maybe? On foot or another way? would you travel the world or maybe just your country? What would you wish or expect from your journy? To just have a good time or maybe to meet new friends, learn new things, see the world?

I'm actually one of the friends she would travel with.. so I won't repeate what she has already written. :D

But Poké King I really like your attitude towards pokemon. You really seem to care for them and I like your spirit of never giving up eventhough you would lose occasionally.. You're really inspiring. I am sure that goofy_charizard_girl, me and our other friends would have the same battling spirit. ;)

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years

Although the day when we go round the world travelling to different places and capturing pokemon will never come, i have thought about it and i think that it would be kind of fun to experience. If i was a trainer id make sure that after obtaining my first pokemon, which would be naturally Mudkip, i would begin travelling from gym to gym, collecting all badges needed to enter the league. I would love to have travel companions but they must be people i can trust and i would never travel with more than two people as it would get overcrowded and would slow me down. I would travel via foot to most places with my companions as Ash does and make sure to capture all my favourite pokemon.

~Kipper~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    i for 1 would hope that it takes days to get to the next town and not seconds besides if i am on a bike or flying but yeah

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I would travel similar to ash but I would have a collect of Pokemon in my sig and travel with 2 of my friends, but I would be known as the "ghost Master"

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    Upon taking the "grab your starter and go" route, I'd do a lot of solitary training on my own I think. I'd make sure to capture my favourite Pokemon but as many others as I see necessary at the time.

After that'd I'd be able to ride Skarmory =)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd travel upon my little Torchic, which I would teach how to fly because Torchic is special. XD

Villianous Villager

The World is a Wretched Place
    Years
    I would capture my first pokemon instead of wait to the prof. to give me my starter, and it would be a machop/machoke and i would travel in his back (´cause machoke is really strong ^^) but if he feels tired, hurt... i would walk, i would buy them lots of thinks with the money I win from the battles (they deserve it, they made me win that money), and I would never put them on their pokeballs (just if i need to) ´cause i think it´s kinda cruel ;_;. I would protect them from every danger, ´cause i know they would protect me too...

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I'd walk around from town to town, and if I could, I'd teach my Tailow to carry me via claws and fly me around! 8D But not too much of course, and I certainly wouldn't want him to fly around with me on his back. Either way, I think I should perhaps wait for him to evolve into a Swellow before considering this. XD

But I'd like to just walk around, train the legs and even try outrunning my Mightyena. I wouldn't want to use my Pokemon all the time for travelling purposes, perhaps only if I'm in a hurry. ^^; Whether or not I'll be travelling in a group really depends on whether the friends I make plan to travel. I don't really wanna go on a trainer's journey, I'd just like to travel and see new sights. I wouldn't live to battle gym leaders and fellow trainers, but I wouldn't neglect my Pokemon's training either. I'm just not the type who'd sign up for a league of any sort. I'd be on the sidelines cheering and eating popcorn though! XD

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    I'd either want to travel with friends, or just me and my Pokemon<3 XD

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
    Years
    I would capture my first pokemon instead of wait to the prof. to give me my starter, and it would be a machop/machoke and i would travel in his back (´cause machoke is really strong ^^) but if he feels tired, hurt... i would walk, i would buy them lots of thinks with the money I win from the battles (they deserve it, they made me win that money), and I would never put them on their pokeballs (just if i need to) ´cause i think it´s kinda cruel ;_;. I would protect them from every danger, ´cause i know they would protect me too...

But wouldn't it get a bit hard to travel if all your pokemon travelled outside their pokeballs.. I don't know imagine travelling with a snorlax, onix and a gyarados.. Wouldn't that be a bit difficult?

Oh BTW hey people.. on a pokemon journey would you capture all pokemon or just your favourite ones? I would capture just my favourite.. and that would still be quite a big number of pokemon because I like many ;)

Villianous Villager

The World is a Wretched Place
    Years
    But wouldn't it get a bit hard to travel if all your pokemon travelled outside their pokeballs.. I don't know imagine travelling with a snorlax, onix and a gyarados.. Wouldn't that be a bit difficult?

Well, that´s because i´d just have blaziken, machoke, lucario, alakazam, nidoking and a charizard, they are pokemons that don´t have difficulty to walk/fly.

Last edited:

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
    I think I'd catch like three or four. And I would just fly around all day, I mean come on, why would I do anything else. It would be crazy, just hop on Flygon's back and head down to the ol' market.

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
    I'd probably end up walking the whole journey and go to as many places as possible. As far as going with friends, I'd probably go alone. Why? I have no idea. I'd have plenty of friends, but I'd be one of those loner trainers.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    After obtaining my starter pokemon (not sure who) I'd travel with maybe some friends from PC, since they're the only of my friends who like Pokemon. And we'd go around on foot so we can see the landscape as we travel.

Back