• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would your country look or feel like in the Pokemon world?

TTYO

Old Timer
Years
  • In light of the fact that Unova looks like a part of the USA, lets imagine how our home country look like in the Pokemon world?

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Probably a very urban centre with increasingly rural outskirts. It'd be quite cool to have a Britain Region; start out in Lands End, head up through London and then across to Wales, travel through there to the coast, EPICLY MASSIVE WATER ROUTE, Ireland, EPICLY MASSIVE WATER ROUTE, Scotland and finally up to John O'Groats. Alternatively, have the other countries as sub regions post Elite 4 ala Sevii Isles.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Hrm.
    I imagine the non-New York-based bits of America would probably be similar to Sinnoh, considering it's a mix of industrialized AND rural.

FlameEntei

Old fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2013
    I have an upcoming fic which Ash and Co. goes to Singapore.

In my vision, Singapore would look and feel like a mix of Vermilion City, Castellia City, Black City as well as bits of Pinwheel Forest, swamps in and here.etc

For People culture wise, Check out my fic once it comes out.

I do wonder what is the culture of the people in our pokemonized versions of our hometown.

Years
  • Being from the US, I'd expect some varied biomes. The east and Atlantic coast having an urban, yet marine feel to them, while the Northeast and the North boast cold and secluded environments. The Midwest would probably be represented by grasslands and humble towns along the way, while the Southwest is made up of barren deserts with a city or two, along the way. Finally, the South would be ornate and grand, but entwined with nature, as swamps and oceans surround the Southern United States.

FlameEntei

Old fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2013
    Most curious is how would the culture be like living in those countries as all of you are talking.

Like say I would imagine people in the Pokemon world Arizona would have a cowboy accent and they like Miltank, Taurus and Buffolant.etc. They also possess Ground/Rock types for instance.

Another part maybe they have the usual cowboy stuff and their way of life.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    So if you mention South Korea, then.....most likely similar to Unova or Sinnoh.... It's hard to determine at times...

However, I am sure that there will be a massive water route connecting The Korean Peninsula to Japan.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    What would the UK look like? One word: Awesome. ^^

I reckon Arcanine would be our national Pokémon if we had one. It would just fit so perfectly. And we'll have Arcanine statues in Trafalgar Square. That would be cool.

We'd probably use the major motorways as Routes, plus I think we'll have a rail system for later in the game (e.g. high-speed line from Glasgow to London). We also have much potential for water routes, either around the coasts or up one of our many rivers (the Thames or Severn come to mind). As for Pokémon, I think we'd probably have an amalgamation of all Generations, since the UK historically has a diverse population of many ethnic and national origins (we've been invaded enough times).

The Pokémon League would probably be located in London - maybe the O2 arena or even the London 2012 Olympic Stadium. If possible I'd love to see a tournament-based system that you can enter with the 8 badges, and if you win the tournament, you get to battle the Elite 4 for the Champion spot. Gyms would also be located in the major cities - Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow - maybe even Belfast as the Cinnabar Island equivalent.

As far as expansion regions go, maybe make Ireland explorable? Or the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guensey, etc.). Maybe the Isle of Man or the Isle of White? There's loads of little islands to choose from. Even the Orkney's if you're feeling brave enough to traverse the whirlpools up there. :)

New Zealand as a Pokemon region, huh?

Mareep. LOTS AND LOTS OF MAREEP.

Love this! ^^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years

• Love this! ^^
    ;-)

It's true, though. Mareep would be very common. (We have forty million sheep and only four million people) New Zealand also has lots of farmland, so that would be reflected somehow, I'm sure. Maybe the sides of the Routes would show actual farms with features instead of trees?

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • Swedens landscape would be full of forest. It would also in north been more mountanious area in north with some mining. Can't say which cities would fit in as Sweden though.

As for pokemon? Lots of Stantler, Deerling and Sawsbuck!

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    ...New Jersey?

Grimers, Muks, Trubbish, and Garbodor would rule my area. The main trainers would be Guidos and Guidettes, and although there would be a beach along the right side of the region, it wouldn't be particularly pretty.

On the up side, the "shopping mall" would be a lot of different small stores along the beach, to imitate the boardwalk. It would be directly connected to Unova as well. The best Pokecademy in both regions would be located in the north of the region (Princeton), and there would probably be parodies of people such as Bon Jovi and Walt Whitman.

Back