• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How'd You Guys Get Your Games?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So... How did you guys get your games? Wanna share them? I know I would share mine, because it felt like a little adventure. xD

Yesh, I got my game earlier today after work, and I tested it out and the intro was so freaking awesome! I didn't save it yet 'cause I wanna show it to my brother.

Ahem, well, anyway, about forty minutes before work ended, a co-worker of mine, a fan of PKMN as well, informed me that DataBlitz in Ayala Cebu already had the games, and I was freaking excited yet uncertain if I wanted to get it, 'cause I don't know where in Ayala the store was, because Ayala is a big place with lots of buildings. x,x

Still, I went there anyway, and after asking around, I found where it was, in the third floor. I went there, wondering around, and presto! I found it. I went in, and there was a lot of people in line, and all of them were there for the ORAS games. xD

What did I do next? Well, duh! I left to find the ATM machines 'cause I forgot to withdraw some cash. xD

After a little more walking around and asking where the mall's freaking ATM machines were located, I withdrew some cash in the first floor, and went back up to the third floor, and went in line.

Those who preordered in DataBlitz were given preorder bonuses: 1 preordered game you get 1 cosplay Pikachu sticker and a Groundon/Kyogre figurine. You can imagine who freaking jealous I was while I was standing in line! I kept asking one of the saleslady if I could get one, heck, I even asked if I could buy one! But nope, they couldn't do it. :( So sad...

Anyway, I was third in line by the time the guy in front of me started having second thoughts of getting both games. He asked one of the salesladies if he could only get one, but unfortunately, he couldn't, because he already preordered both games before. He kept asking if he could only get one, until I decided to "help him out."

I told him that he should get both games, and I'll buy the other one from him...with conditions. One, I get Omega Ruby, and two, I get one of the preordered bonuses. xD What? He was desperate to only get one game, and I was desperate to get the bonuses. :P It was a win-win from the way I saw it.

He looked kinda nerdy though, minus the glasses and pimples. He was probably a teenager, probably around 15 to 18 years old, and he kept speaking in English, but he seemed to understand Visayan no problem, since the saleslady kept replying to him in Visayan.

So yeah, he agreed without delay, so I cancelled my order and gave him my money. He paid for both games, game me Omega Ruby, a sticker and the Groundon figurine.

And yesh, I was smiling like stupid and was literally hopping from excitement. Don't judge me! >.>

Ahem, I wanted to have a photo with him, but after I recovered from my little fan-coma, he was already gone. Bummer. Although I did hear his name was Andrew, and that I recall he had his 3DS XL. It was blue, and had white silhouettes of the Kalos starters. So yeah, he's a true PokeFan. ^^

I'm still kinda sad that I didn't get a photo of him, nor was I able to thank him properly. Heck, he even wanted to hand me the leftover money I gave him. I said no because, that wasn't fair.

So yeah. Sorry about that long story of mine. I just felt like sharing. ^^

So, how did you guys got your games? :3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I preordered it yesterday before I went to work. Cashier asked me how much I wanted to put down, I asked if I could just pay it off, so I did that. Then I went to work. When I got done, I drove to Game Stop and waited in the car. And then when midnight came, I went in and got the game. Cool story, right?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I preordered off of amazon. Delivery guy just got here about 10 minutes ago, it was quite the adventure.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Woke up.
    Went to Work.
    Got out of work.
    Went to Gamestop.
    Paid off game.
    Got game, and the pre-order poster.
    Squee'd internally.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Mine was an adventure, too! Most of it took place in the snack aisle, though..

Spoiler:

Not much of a story from me, either. I had to wake up my mom at 6am to go to wally-world because I was convinced there wouldn't be any copies left. Which was silly since this is a tourist trap and nearly all of the locals are elderly folk. And even sillier, I still felt like a dumbass going to walmart with my mom, at 21-years-old, to pick up Pokemon.
    The lady who was in charge of the electronics department looked old enough to be my grandmother, so it was really hard to convey which game I wanted. I had to point.

I didn't bother to preorder because I was worried it might not be delivered today, though apparently that would have been okay because kyrul got his today. But this is old-people-central, I'd rather take my chances at a store.. and point to the game for the nice lady behind the counter, lol.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Went to work, and then went to Best Buy to buy Sapphire and then went back to work (Since i'm the only one in the office today, I'm not really working I'm playing the game LOL)...

And now I'm relaxing after catching a Egg move Skitty.

Years
  • Yesterday I walked all the way to Gamestop (roughly 2 hour, 4/5 mile walk one way with the added bonus of 30-40 degree weather, but given how hot it usually is here that was actually a plus), grabbed a $50 $Eshop card, took a cab home because I'm not that sadistic, waited until midnight, started the download, and finally stared at the screen for about an hour and fifteenish minutes (those last few minutes were brutal) before finally being able to play it.

And that is the riveting tale of my adventure.

Years
  • Just got mine off of a pre-order at GameStop, which was good. I had both games ready for purchase, so I just handed them my receipt and after a few words I got the games. Good stuff.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Omfg, OP's post is just tl;dr LOL.

I got mines at EB Games, pre-ordered a few weeks ago :)

And I'm going downtown to get it in a few minutes!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    pre-ordered on Amazon. Havent been home today, thinking I will have to wait until Monday

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I will buy a code for the nintendo eshop by paypal as soon as paypal stops giving me problems when I try to pay.

Years
  • I was so excited to buy this game. But I checked out serebii, after checking out the legendaries and gift Pokemon, I was disappointed. I wish I hadn't checked it out. I spoiled it for myself. I don't like how you need a legendary Pokemon which is exclusive in Sapphire/Ruby to get a special legendary Pokemon (Giratina). How will I get this legendary Pokemon from A Sapphire if I get O Ruby? I don't know anyone or have any friends to trade with, so it's a no win for me. I was really excited. Have fun guys. I really like the gift Pokemon starters you get.

Back