• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How'd You Guys Get Your Games?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Well, I bought it. With money.

Yay, a smartass.

I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire and Smash Bros. Wii U at Gamestop and November 21st was a freezing day in NYC. It was totally worth freezing my butt off to get both games. I was in such a rush to get back home to play my new games that I completely forgot to remind the cashier to give me my pre-order poster bonus. Oh well, I hate posters so it's not a loss at all for me.

I did spent a lot of time getting the cover art perfectly aligned in the case before actually playing the games because I'm finicky and I hate that those Club Nintendo codes are printed on the cover.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Preordered the steelbook & figurine from the official Nintendo UK site- and I got it a day early (today, 27th). :D My friends are furious lol.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • it is currently 09:44 here in the UK, but hey it's OR/AS release day! so am i playing yet? nope. Do i have the game yet? yep. I am currently in the 6 form common room, having went to GAME at 7 to get the game, Omega Ruby is now in my locker...

School doesn't end till 3:15 pm

>_< how am i meant to survive ?! :(

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    I noticed GAME was open on my way to class, and was really tempted to risk being late just to buy it. Really fortunate that I didn't have the money on me.
    In any case, I plan on buying it first thing tomorrow morning. If Alpha Sapphire is still in stock by then, cos I didn't preorder it oops

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I ordered Alpha Sapphire off of Amazon last Saturday since it would be cheaper than to buy it in store and it just got here today! Super excited to play but I haven't yet since I'm just settling down from a busy day.

Years
  • I didn't pre-order because I saw no point. There are multiple stores which have video games in my area so there is no chance they are going to run out of them (this has never happened). Since I'm European, I picked up the game yesterday from a store.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    I didn't have a 3ds yet, nor the money to buy one, so I went to a small game shop near my house to sell old video games for more money. Luckily, there was a 2ds ther for 90 bucks. Somehow, I got roughly 70 bucks in trade in money, so I only had to pay about 18 dollars for it. This paired with my previous game selling gave me a surplus of about 80 bucks. Later that day, when I was going to the mall, I went to gamestop. I usually dislike that store, but they usually have what I'm looking for. I picked up Y and Omega Ruby. I had just enough cash to buy both, with the help of my friends powerup rewards card.

Years
  • I preordered Alpha Sapphire from Amazon that allowed me to get it on the day it came up, while I downloaded Omega Ruby from the eShop. OR took 7 hours to download :\

Years
  • I pre-ordered my copy of AlphaSapphire at a local Gamestop and received it at a midnight release event. I was the second person to pick up their copy out of everyone at the entire store (since I was in the front of the line at 9pm that Thursday night), and I began playing it when I got home through at least 4am.

Years
  • I was away on vacation from the 21st to 26th so I ordered my copy from Amazon and had it delivered a short while before I returned. Came home to my baby waiting in the mail, yaaay. She is a beauty!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ok so i never preorder ever i usually get it the day it comes out at 10 at gamestop but..... I had a blizzard to deal with so the stores were closed people trapped in their homes yay so 3 days later we went to gamestop and its closed cause the roof is caving in WELL OPEN UP AND GIVE ME THE GAME! Nope so we had to wait till the next day drive an extra 2 miles and get it from the other one this is the only year i didnt get it the day it came out

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I preordered back in October and I stood in the midnight release line for 1 freezing cold hour and met a pair of pretty cool guys. Got invited to join the Pokemon club at the university I don't go to and played it all the way home and until late the next morning.

One of the best parts of the night was the very first person who was in line ran out screaming, "Whoo! I'm gonna go quit my job!"

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    I had to wait 2 days before I could pick up my copy.

The pain was intense, I could barely control my killing intent, seeing as how many Youtuber's had started posting walkthroughs.

Then, after what seemed like an eternity at work (actually about 6 hours), I flew on my Pidgey across the shopping complex into an Electronics Boutique Games store, tore out my receipt and said "Excuse me, can I please pick up my copy of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire?"

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've pre-ordered mine on GameStop, and it arrived at my door the day it was released. I'm pretty lucky in regards to this, actually, as I didn't have to select same-day delivery option or anything of the like.

I have started playing as soon as I had gotten my hands on Omega Ruby (well, maybe not as soon; an hour or so later), and started enjoying; things were so intriguing, it was unbelievable. If you ask me, ORAS was certainly able to live up to its hype, and I'm glad it did. Have been waiting for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald remakes for quite some time, and it's nice to actually see and play them.

As far as starters go, I've selected Mudkip, as I really wanted to try my hands on Mega-Swampert. Currently, I'm in my second run, and this time around, I chose Treecko. I'm very curious as to how Mega-Sceptile might perform and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I got mine 2 days before release date in europe at the local electronics shop. does that mean they are goping to keep it released later xD

Years
  • I got my copy of Omega Ruby sort of spontaneously. I had heard about the game and was slightly interested, but I had no intention of buying it. I had just driven to school when a couple new friends of mine asked about when they each were going to purchase it. As the conversation moved its focus to me and I told them I probably wasn't going to get it, they were amazed.

Eventually I ended up offering to drive them both the the Gamestop a few blocks away (we had about 30 minutes before classes began) and each of us bought the game and celebrated with a Chick-Fil-A breakfast. ^~^

Back