• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Howdy!

Hika421

Hex Maniac
Years
  • Hi! I'm Hika! :3c

Though I've watched Pokemon and collected TCG since Gen2, my first Pokemon game was Sapphire! I played till Diamond & Pearl, after which I stopped for a while, but my most recent game was Pokemon Y, which I bought around release! Pokemon20 has me very excited about the future of the series, so I thought it'd be a good idea to expand my Pokemon friend circle by signing up here. This forum also seems like a really good place to discuss and trade Pokemon.

In general, I like illustrating, graphic design, anime, cartoons, comics games, etc...

I'm not very good at introducing myself, haha. ;v;

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey Hika, welcome to PC, good having you. B]

Oooo yes huge RSE fan here; I was immensely excited for ORAS once those were announced. My family ended up going on a trip to the Caribbean in November '14 though so I couldn't play until a few days later. ;-;

But yes, getting involved in a community like this one's always a good way to meet other fans. I've met many people here during my stay and you're sure to too, especially if you plan to be active. Did you draw your avatar??

Hika421

Hex Maniac
    Years
  • Hey Hika, welcome to PC, good having you. B]

Oooo yes huge RSE fan here; I was immensely excited for ORAS once those were announced. My family ended up going on a trip to the Caribbean in November '14 though so I couldn't play until a few days later. ;-;

But yes, getting involved in a community like this one's always a good way to meet other fans. I've met many people here during my stay and you're sure to too, especially if you plan to be active. Did you draw your avatar??

Unfortunately no, I didn't draw, it, haha! ;) I have lots of sketches on my tumblr in my profile contact page, but I didn't draw my avvie, it's from someone I really admire on pixiv. I was in a big of a hurry to have an avatar upon joining, but somehow I haven't drawn any Pokemon yet. o_O I probably will soon though, as I'd like to make an avatar I made by myself.

Years
  • Ah got it! I didn't catch wind of your signature for a moment, haha.

I've drawn a few Pokémon images but only ever really used one as an avatar, but that was years ago. Would be cool if you'd open up an art gallery sometime, as an artist it's something I really love seeing. <3 /bias

Hika421

Hex Maniac
    Years
  • Ah got it! I didn't catch wind of your signature for a moment, haha.

I've drawn a few Pokémon images but only ever really used one as an avatar, but that was years ago. Would be cool if you'd open up an art gallery sometime, as an artist it's something I really love seeing. <3 /bias

On a thread? In my profile? I would love to do something like that!

what's your fav pokemon game and Pokemon hack ?

My favorite Pokemon game... would probably be... Pokemon Diamond or Pearl interchangeably, because they were the first Pokemon game I actually traded in (and I had both {XD})! My favorite Pokemon hack... maybe Pokemon Sweet version because of the theme? Or Pokemon Zeta (though iirc, this counts as more of a fangame than a hack).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    My favorite Pokemon game... would probably be... Pokemon Diamond or Pearl interchangeably, because they was the first Pokemon game I actually traded in (and I had both {XD})! My favorite Pokemon hack... maybe Pokemon Sweet version because of the theme? Or Pokemon Zeta (though iirc, this counts as more of a fangame than a hack).
    Actually Pokemon Diamond is my favorite on the Ds, but oh you missed a lot by not trading on the old pokemon gen on the GameBoy:P , there was a lot of tense moments in trading back then :pink_love:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • W00t! Another Californian joins PC. Welcome aboard. Based on your user title, is the Hex Maniac your favorite trainer class?

Years
  • I get called Hika here as well (my real name is Nichole though) so yeah hello there!

The others have likely already covered some major aspects of the forums so not much I can report here that's new, but anyways I guess you might enjoy the Art & Design section given you seem to have a bit of artistic talent in you. Given the gap you had with playing Pokemon games, you should consider replaying Black & White (and its sequels Black 2 & White 2) which I assumed was what you missed, and they are great games. Wouldn't hurt to play more Pokemon games given Sun & Moon is on the way near the end of the year.

Good luck with settling in and don't hesitate to leave a VM if you want to talk!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Hika! We're glad to have you :D

I've also played the TCG a few times, I even went to a few local tournaments. Though it was only a short-lived phase and I stopped playing, unfortunately. I'd love to see your art sometimes, opening up an art gallery (which you can do here) to show us all what you can do! I personally would love to see some I'm a sucker for some good art. Getting involved around the community is a great way to meet other fans. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, hope to see you around the forums!

Back