• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hows my first banner?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
  • it's pretty good :3 .. i'll give you a 7/10 ^^;;
    neh.. well, first to ask is "are you using layers?"
    with layers, you can set the background colours on one layer, and the font on another layer, this way.. if you want to do any effects to the font, you don't disturb the background.
    the font seems sort of plain, (and on another post, you said you have PSP and i do too, so i know what tools there are)
    you can use the warp brush and twist the letters to your liking :33.. just set the stregth lower on the warp brush tool so you dont change anything too durastically..
    ._. cause i hate it when i change it too much and it ends up looking bad @@
    anyways, you can try using more effects on your background as well instead of just flood filling it with a pattern..
    (and dont forget to center the pattern as well)
    also, even if you select a pattern for your background, you dont need to flood-fill it.
    you can use your paint brush.. set the opacity to about 80 or so, and then set it to a certain texture so you dont get such a flattish effect.. texture and different tones ususally give banners more interest..
    i like the border around the banner :3 i think its perfect, so *thumbs up* for that ^^;;
    all i gotta say is that you should expriament a little bit more and get the hang of the program. this is a really awesome job!!
    keep it up :33

EDIT: oh, and if you need help in anything that i just mentioned above (like layering or different tools) dont be afraid to ask me :33

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • elite13kid said:
    Hows tis banner? I just made it right now..

i really like how this one is layed out :3.. the colours work well together too!!
    the only thing i'd suggest is making that swirly vortex thing a bit lighter so that we can see the person's legs a bit..
    dont make it totally transparent.. but make it sorta like a fog.. or maybe even a thick fog..
    the figure looks a bit too crowded in there.. and if you bring it out a bit, it'll look more clearer :3..
    neh.. so.. in your layer with the vortex thing.. just get out your eraser brush and make it a large size..
    then set the opacity to about 10 or so.. and go over it..
    go over it until you have a pretty desireable effect..
    and remember.. the colour of the legs aren't nessecary..
    the fact that they are there.. (like a slight silouette) make the banner look more open and visually appealing..
    o.o.. try it out..
    if you dont like the result you can just close the drawing without saving it..
    but it's good to experiment with different things so you know for next time ^^;;
    :3 hope i helped, yet again ^^;;
    and keep it up!! you're getting really really good at this!!
    i'd like to see more!! :3

EDIT: sorry, i just looked at it again.. it was the HEAD the needed to be cleared up more.. not the legs..

oh.. and for the font.. you might want to try like.. an ancient roman type font..
    one that doesn't look comic-booky.. try to make it more angled
    the font gives out the feel of things..
    and remember that you can always warp font to your liking with warp-brush ^^;;

Back