• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hows this Dusclops moveset?

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
    hi all im back into pokemon yet again after about 4 months, just getting ready for Emerald to be released in Australia on 9th June :)

anyways im starting to build a team for my new Saph cart and am needing a dusclops tank for game play and possibly inexperianced human opponents.

now here is what i would like to have:

Dusclops
    Leftovers
    Bold/Calm

252 HP 129 Def 129 Spc Def

Calm Mind
    Rest
    Will-O-Wisp
    Ice Beam

now this is my problem: i am having trouble getting Bold or Calm natures but have got several Sassy natures (- Speed stat so its not going to be used anyway as dusclops will be going last 99% of the time anyways...)

now is it worth training one of the Sassy nature ones up or just stick it out for a few more days till i get the right personality and IV's?

thanks in advance guys and remember im not using Emerald so i cant use the Everstone trick to get the personality i want (i have got one already with neart perfect IV's in all that count: Def/Spc Def and HP for Dusclops but i wan to level another one up cos its fun and all :) )

Cheers and thanks in advance again

Jaws...

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Nice set dude, thats one of the standards on Netbattle your Evs are a bit funky

You need more defense and less SpDef since you are boosting it with Calm mind. and yes you probably want a bold nature.

EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 114 SAtk / 16 SDef

work for me

Groudon80

Banned
    Years
    no stfu

Make the defenses even, HP maxed, and around 200 Attack.

-Seismic toss
    -Shadow Ball
    -WoW
    -Pain Split

Standard. >_>

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    out of the two standard sets yours mostly resembles

~focus punch
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~WoW
    ~Rest/Pain Spit

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    I like this one, for ingame.

Dusclops@Lefties
    EVs:252 HP, 129 Sp. def, 129 Def
    Nature:Bold/Sassy(if usuing FP)/Calm(if using FP)
    S-Toss
    WoW
    Pain Split/Mean Look
    Rest/Focus Punch

This is what I like on him, and this EV spread is easy to pull off ingame, it's WoW traping, or you can go with the standard Pain Split. Only use one healing move though. Hope this helps.
    :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2005
    How about
    1.Dusclops@ leftovers nature: bold Evs: 252 Hp 129 sp.atk 129 atk
    1.Calm Mind
    2.shadow ball
    3.thunder punch/fire punch/ ice punch
    4.will-o-wisp/recover
    Strategy: thunderpunch is for covering some more types. CM is obvious. And so is will-o-wisp + shadow ball.
    This will make him more non-standard. I only reccomend this for a surprise attack.
    This is much better on the battlefield than it looks on paper :bandit:

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    the point of dusclops is to take hits and cripple stuff not, attack things

steel_skarmory

Ph33r t3h houndoom
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 25, 2005
    Deaths Jaws said:
    hi all im back into pokemon yet again after about 4 months, just getting ready for Emerald to be released in Australia on 9th June :)

anyways im starting to build a team for my new Saph cart and am needing a dusclops tank for game play and possibly inexperianced human opponents.

now here is what i would like to have:

Dusclops
    Leftovers
    Bold/Calm

252 HP 129 Def 129 Spc Def

Calm Mind
    Rest---shadow ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Ice Beam

now this is my problem: i am having trouble getting Bold or Calm natures but have got several Sassy natures (- Speed stat so its not going to be used anyway as dusclops will be going last 99% of the time anyways...)

now is it worth training one of the Sassy nature ones up or just stick it out for a few more days till i get the right personality and IV's?

thanks in advance guys and remember im not using Emerald so i cant use the Everstone trick to get the personality i want (i have got one already with neart perfect IV's in all that count: Def/Spc Def and HP for Dusclops but i wan to level another one up cos its fun and all :) )

Cheers and thanks in advance again

I think that you should not use rest. I see that dusclops is a tank, but rest only makes more damage done to you. If you want to use rest, I suggest you use whatever berry wakes a pokemon from sleep.(I cant remember the name of it)

Back