• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music How's your pitch?

Years
  • Since this is a video about music, I thought that it might be a good question for Entertainment & Media. It's a simple test for regular people to check out how well they can differentiate musical pitches

How did you score? I took this test to laugh at myself, figuring the result would say that I was tone deaf, but was surprised to score in the above average range with a 9-10.
    I missed the 9th question about resolution on the first go, but when I replayed the melody it made sense, and when I better understood dissonance vs consonance, I got the next question right.

Years
  • I got 9! I got one totally wrong and another one I was a bit unsure and I changed my mind in the end and got it lol with the resolution one. I didn't really understand the concept. So, I feel more like 8, maybe.

I definitely am far from perfect pitch but I can recognize some very basic notes on the violin, because I am slightly used to it.

Back